Accessory Driving/Fog light installation

druid

.040 Over
I have purchased some driving lights from Martin Fabrication for the Rocket.

They sent a full harness but I'm wondering if anyone knows where the connector(s) are for the Triumph fog lights.

There is a 15A fuse for the accessory lights and I'm hoping there is a harness connection up front for the lights. I suspect the switch connector for the fog lights is on the right handle bar where the dummy switch is.

I can certainly add wire to connect my lights but I would much rather use what's there, if possible.

If anyone has any info on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

the connection plugs is under ur gas tank that is all the help i can give right now maybe someone else will chime in with more info

It is under the tank. It is easy enough to find because it will be the only one that fits. It's sole purpose is to de-energize the relays when the key is turned off. The majority of the wiring is all in the kit with the switch and lights.

If you aren't installing the Triumph kit that plugs into the harness, you will need a wiring diagram to find the right plug. I can't help you with just which plug it is since there are several unused plugs under the tank specifically for Triumph accessories.

I suggest downloading a service manual with a wiring diagram if your kit does not have any instructions telling you what plug to use.

If the kit does not have any relays and plans to draw the 15 amps from the switched wiring harness, DON'T DO IT!!!! Adding another draw like that to the ignition switch will most assuredly fry it without having the headlights on alternate relays. See Easter Beaver headlight relay bypass for that scary bit of information.

That "dummy switch" on the right handlebar does nothing and has no extra wiring on US bikes.
The Triumph lights and grip heaters use a switch pod that mounts to the handlebars.

Thanks guys ...
That info cuts down on the wire search - I have looked at the Service Manual wiring diagram and know I am looking for a plug with red/blue and purple wires. That should handle the switch which controls the relay.
I **really** don't want to splice into a switched power line if I can avoid it.

I'll try to remember to take a photo or two showing the exact location for others.

I have purchased some driving lights from Martin Fabrication for the Rocket.

They sent a full harness but I'm wondering if anyone knows where the connector(s) are for the Triumph fog lights.

There is a 15A fuse for the accessory lights and I'm hoping there is a harness connection up front for the lights. I suspect the switch connector for the fog lights is on the right handle bar where the dummy switch is.

I can certainly add wire to connect my lights but I would much rather use what's there, if possible.

If anyone has any info on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i know that the plugs off a 955 triumph for the running and brake lights r the same so if u have a motorcycle junkyard close by u may want to see if any of the other plugs will work and make ur own harness without cutting any of the original

well maybe this helps:

goto:
Triumph Instructions.com

and type part no:
A9738110

then click on the english flag, and see the original instruction manual for the fog lights in pdf (printable).

hope this helps,
o and you can find all the original instructions here, you just need the original part number.

greetz glenn

well maybe this helps:

goto:
Triumph Instructions.com

and type part no:
A9738110

then click on the english flag, and see the original instruction manual for the fog lights in pdf (printable).

hope this helps,
o and you can find all the original instructions here, you just need the original part number.

greetz glenn

Thanks for that link.

Back