to be honest nat,i have just noticed the warning light on the dash on the way back from a days ride,regarding the abs working i did not notice even under heavy breaking ?

to be honest nat,i have just noticed the warning light on the dash on the way back from a days ride,regarding the abs working i did not notice even under heavy breaking ?
I'm not sure if the newest version of Tune ECU now covers the ABS ? But a good start will be to see if you can lock up the wheels , starting with the rear on a straight bit of road . If you can , then something in the system has packed up !

just a personal opinion if the abs light is on the abs will not work.
take a look at the sensors and wires. check the sensors rings to see if they are bent or wobbling. rear wheel lose or bearing bad.

just a personal opinion if the abs light is on the abs will not work.
take a look at the sensors and wires. check the sensors rings to see if they are bent or wobbling. rear wheel lose or bearing bad.
Think that opinion is completely valid ! If a fault occurs in either front or rear , does the whole system shut down ? I would be interested to know .

my opinion is based on cars that i work on. as soon as the abs module sees trouble front or back it will set a code and quit working. probably for safety reasons. a lot of times i see the wires cut because some one was changing a tire and when they through the tire on it cuts the wires on top of the upper a frame. also when the bearings fail it sometimes grinds off the end of the sensor. i changed a front wheel bearing and it had the trigger mechanism in the bearing and it was defective and it gave all kinds of bad readings bought a dealer bearing and all was good.

my opinion is based on cars that i work on. as soon as the abs module sees trouble front or back it will set a code and quit working. probably for safety reasons. a lot of times i see the wires cut because some one was changing a tire and when they through the tire on it cuts the wires on top of the upper a frame. also when the bearings fail it sometimes grinds off the end of the sensor. i changed a front wheel bearing and it had the trigger mechanism in the bearing and it was defective and it gave all kinds of bad readings bought a dealer bearing and all was good.
That does make perfect sense . Cheers Turbo ! :thumbsup:

Back