ABS rear brakes, light off, light on again

GaryA

Supercharged
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
just had the rear brake pads replaced, when the tyre was changed.
Now when riding the ABS light will go off when I start but a little down the road will come on again.
Usually stays on but a couple of times has gone off for a while.
All looks in place and the shop has said they will look next time I am in the area.

But, is there anything I should look at in particular?

I've done a search and looked at a few things.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me when I had my last tyre fitted, I had to take the ABS ring off the wheel to straighten, all was right after that.
If I remember right I did not have completely remove the rear wheel to do the job.

Tone ring, the ring on the wheel that the sensor picks up from yes?
It seems to be fitted to a flat surface on the rim though.
I should remove or maybe n do the fixing bolts a refit then?

If I remember correctly it took about 22km of riding before my ABS light came on. Yes it is the Tone ring you mentioned. I took it off, laid it on a flat surface and could see it was not completely flat so I tapped it lightly until it was completely flat, put it back on and no more light.

Ta people, I'll check the tone ring for flatness.
Not sure how to check if the relay is going bad, maybe swap with another?
Probably have a spare in the shed anyway.
It could always be the front too, I think back brake but the front tyre was done as well, just not the pads.

Based on the fact it started after having the rear tyres changed there a big chance it’s the rear ring. Mine was not out much and was easy to flatten.

just had the rear brake pads replaced, when the tyre was changed.
Now when riding the ABS light will go off when I start but a little down the road will come on again.
Usually stays on but a couple of times has gone off for a while.
All looks in place and the shop has said they will look next time I am in the area.

But, is there anything I should look at in particular?

I've done a search and looked at a few things.

Thanks for any help.
A job well done by a dealership?

Back