ABS light is always on

dude

Standard Bore
Ride
R3 Roadster
Hello!

First time after a long time not using my R3 2014 Roadster I finaly managed to drive for a first time this year!

Unfortunately the ABS light is not going off at any speed and any time anymore. Last time i rode the bike ABS was functional.

Prior to riding the bike I replaced the left turn signal, since it was broken. This is there the ABS sensor cable is going along. So, I returned to the garage and checked the cable up to the connector under the gas tank. Hm, I didn't saw any damage to the sensor cable or on the connector.
Then is measured the resistance on both rear and front sensors: on the front to the sensor 9.02 MΩ and the rear sensor 5.72 MΩ. From the both sensors to the ecu it was 15.2 MΩ.

I also checked the ABS rings for any damages, but they are fine. The fuses are also OK. Hmm...

Can You give me any suggestions please?

Regards!

Last edited:
A little bit of black electrical tape over the bulb.

Failing that, ride the bike a few times and see if it goes out. You may also be able to reset it with TuneECU

Hello!

First time after a long time not using my R3 2014 Roadster I finaly managed to drive for a first time this year!

Unfortunately the ABS light is not going off at any speed and any time anymore. Last time i rode the bike ABS was functional.

Prior to riding the bike I replaced the left turn signal, since it was broken. This is there the ABS sensor cable is going along. So, I returned to the garage and checked the cable up to the connector under the gas tank. Hm, I didn't saw any damage to the sensor cable or on the connector.
Then is measured the resistance on both rear and front sensors: on the front to the sensor 9.02 MΩ and the rear sensor 5.72 MΩ. From the both sensors to the ecu it was 15.2 MΩ.

I also checked the ABS rings for any damages, but they are fine. The fuses are also OK. Hmm...

Can You give me any suggestions please?

Regards!
if all fails get a dealertool cable and software you can then find what is what and fix the problem then reset your fault code ( that is what I did and had the folks at dealertool take over and fix that problem for me.

A little bit of black electrical tape over the bulb.

Failing that, ride the bike a few times and see if it goes out. You may also be able to reset it with TuneECU

There are no errors saved. After riding 100 Km the ABS light is still on.

if all fails get a dealertool cable and software you can then find what is what and fix the problem then reset your fault code ( that is what I did and had the folks at dealertool take over and fix that problem for me.

Unfortunately i don't know where I can get those tools to read the ABS ECU. TuneECU sees no messages from the ABS ECU and the engine check is off.

Unfortunately i don't know where I can get those tools to read the ABS ECU. TuneECU sees no messages from the ABS ECU and the engine check is off.

google dealertool one word they are in england and ship all over the world the cable , you then get a code and download the software they helped me to clear my ABS problem by taking over my computer( via teamviewer) and did the whole diagnostic to clear the problem . I highly recommend this procedure for those like me who are not computer smart

Did you try a simple disconnect the battery for a few minutes, re-start and ride to see if that works?

Did you try a simple disconnect the battery for a few minutes, re-start and ride to see if that works?

Yes, the battery was disconnected about for one hour while I was searching for a defect part. Then i rode ca. 100 km, the abs light was still on.

A list of what causes the ABS light to stay on;

20200414-232242.jpg

Back