ABS light always on

Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
had new tyres fitted and painted my ABS rings black while it was apart, now my abs light is always "ON". ABS rings are not bent or warped and from what I can see they are installed correctly- wiring looks good.
Tune ECU has no fault codes. I am just wondering if painting the bloody rings black has somehow interfered with the ABS.

Thoughts welcomed

I removed the paint straight after posting this as I got thinking about it. Rubbed off easily with a rag and thinners, off for a ride tomorrow so I will see how this goes.

Here recently we have had no rain for about two weeks. I live down a dirt road which is now nothing more then a dust bowl. Monday coming home from work my ABS light came on. I stopped and turned the bike off. When I started it the ABS light went off but a few miles down the road it came back on. Following morning went out with some window cleaner and sprayed and wiped everything down real good around the rings and sensors. Problem disappeared. I could only imagine what a coat of paint would do. :(:(:(:(:(:(

The ABS works via a magnetic sensor reading the tone wheel , can only imagine that the paint messes with the magnetism the same as the dust that sonny described ?
I want mine black also , so thinking maybe along the lines of a home chemical blacking kit !

Back