asilak

.020 Over
Ride
R3T
Hi all. Bought my Touring. Got it with ABS error lamp permanently. Could anyone advice the step-by-step procedure to find out reason (sensor is optically OK)? As well as the software which could be used to scan for errors using standard OBDII adapter.
Where is the ABS fuse located?
What else could be cheked?
Thanks.

Hi all. Bought my Touring. Got it with ABS error lamp permanently. Could anyone advice the step-by-step procedure to find out reason (sensor is optically OK)? As well as the software which could be used to scan for errors using standard OBDII adapter.
Where is the ABS fuse located?
What else could be cheked?
Thanks.
It takes a few km riding before it turns off, if that helps

Thanks.
Checked fuses, all ok, checked wire - ok too. The lamp did not switch off after 150km. Should be either issue with the sensor or the error should be erased from the computer. How to check the sensor? Is there a substitute? How to erase the error.

the most common is a bent sensor ring. some have said that they took it off and straighten it.
if your tires have been changed u may have the wrong size on the bike causing it to set codes.
most people use the tunecu to communicate with the ecu to get codes and info.
others will be on in a while to help u.
i would clear codes and see if they come back.

Thx Turbo. Downloading the thing. Will check if it would work with my ODBII box. Saw some Russian forums advising to play with jumpers from pin to pin of the diagnostics connector but scared to have my Rocket in flame :)

Thx Turbo. Downloading the thing. Will check if it would work with my ODBII box. Saw some Russian forums advising to play with jumpers from pin to pin of the diagnostics connector but scared to have my Rocket in flame :)

never heard of jumping the obd II connector on the rocket. i would not do that.
edit

the guys on here will tell u which connector/cable to buy for $20 and how to down load the tunecu software

Would definitely need that advice as Tuneecu has failed to connect through my Autoscan box which I use to scan my cars.

i will try to explain.
u down load tunecu to computer/laptop i don't think u can do on windows 10. but if u can accomplish this u over half the battle won. that is where most have the problem. the other problem is to get the correct cable to connect to the rocket ecu.
i was thinking about original post of abs and as i recollect the tunecu will not work on the abs but i would think that it would work to check and clear codes. also the scanner u referred to should work on getting codes and clearing them.
i would think that a very minimum info could be obtained from your scanner.
@1olbull might be able to give u info

Got TuneEcu connected. But it has not detected ABS - only engine.
Looks like a visit to the closest dealer is inevitable...

did u clear codes and drive and see if they come back?
let me rephrase that suggest u try clear codes also disconnect bat and let set a while. then start and see if abs light is on or off while running.
if light is on dealer time. if abs light is off drive it for a while to see if it comes back.

Back