About to pull the trigger

dragonjocky

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
Hey everyone new to the forum.

I'm an old school rider who cut his road teeth on a 75 Trident. Always loved that bike, but got away from Triumph back when they failed decades ago. Been riding rice for years and I've always wanted to jump back into trumpy.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an 07 R3 classic with 19K. the price is right, below $5400. bike fired up immediately on first inspection, but has some minor pitting on the rear shocks and luggage rack supports, otherwise very clean. No leaks I could see from sitting.

I've noticed the issues with the timing chain and gear on these rides. Is there anything else I should be aware of mechanically on this model year. The bike has had all of the recall work completed and the dealer is providing full service records for me.

Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Pull the trigger. You will find that this bike is the most fun ride you have ever owned. Keep in mind it is a 07 so some cosmetic blemishes should be expected. At 19K miles you should be good mechanically but it would not hurt to have a competent Triumph mechanic run through the bike.

Seriously you should buy it. It is a blast. You will be looking for another one before you know it. Where are you from? Add that to your avatar.

Hello Dragonjocky and welcome from Virginia. You'll love that bike, just not after hitting the Bourbon trail...

Back