A wee bit help please

scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
I was on it a lot today,no luck.It somehow has become very rich at 1/4 throttle and below.Tried Carpenter but had to leave a message.May not hear from them until next week.I am out of ideas,all is well according to the Triumph diagnostic tool,but not having an 02 sensor,i'm not sure what the ecu is thinking.John did say he could try to take a lot of fuel away at the bottom but that's just fixing the symptom not the problem.I guess it did run fine for awhile then started acting up ?Not really sure where to go from here unless Carpenter has an idea.Thanks,Dink

This nmessage is from my local dealer, story is I took my bike to a guy for mapping with power commander when I arrived the bike would not idle.
Bike has been running rich and starting to idle rough when shut down and starting back up, at the shop the guy(John) upgraded the new firmware to the PC-V installed new plugs (which were black) and still would not idle, took bike over to the Triumph dealer he put in a new TPS but as you can see from the above message not much luck.
Any ideas would be appreciated, as for hearing back from Carpenter I would not hol;d my breath.

Ahaaaaa! False failing TPS. Bad connection in one of the engine sensors, probably the MAP sensor. It's one with the single bolt and a tube fitted on the bottom, fastened to the plenum. This MAP sensor controls shallow throttle settings. Start the bike with the motor on and move all your connectors to see if you have a Lazarus cure.

check vacuum lines to map sensor,checked rubber mounting below throttle bodies.w/o running open throttle and let it fly closed (a few times) wd40 return springs.
u might see what the throttle balance is with the tunecu

There is some good advice there....have you changed the air filter system at all?...if you have, the air intake sensor might be in the wrong place causing false air intake temp readings...just throwing that out there...that will confuse your ecu's thinking....

Having a o2 sensor hooked up would pull fuel. You would not be able to see anything with it though. You would need some type of wide band system like the Weggo III or something like inovate. I would definitely check the vac lines all of them. Or to be safe just replace them so you know their good. The plastic link pipe fitting between the map sensor large hose and the little TBhoses crack easily from what I've seen on tbe sites. Since you do not have the ability to play with the tune boy aspect of your ecu. I would definetly hook tune ecu up and check tbe TPS out to make sure its installed right and the ISCV reset is correct along with resetting the adaptations. Not that I don't trust the dealer. I just dont trust the technicians :D

Having a o2 sensor hooked up would pull fuel. You would not be able to see anything with it though. You would need some type of wide band system like the Weggo III or something like inovate. I would definitely check the vac lines all of them. Or to be safe just replace them so you know their good. The plastic link pipe fitting between the map sensor large hose and the little TBhoses crack easily from what I've seen on tbe sites. Since you do not have the ability to play with the tune boy aspect of your ecu. I would definetly hook tune ecu up and check tbe TPS out to make sure its installed right and the ISCV reset is correct along with resetting the adaptations. Not that I don't trust the dealer. I just dont trust the technicians :D

Ssssh ! Your gonna drive the price up :sneaky:

After 500 perfect miles after a beating today mine's throttle control issue returned. Have a set of extra vacuum tubes and a MAP sensor to try when it cools off.

Back