A screw fell off from the rad cowl (?) : how to put it back ?

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
Hello,
while cleaning my R3R, I've noticed that the left and upper rad cowl was not fixed as it should. While checking it, a screw just fell down. :oops:
I guess this screw may be the one corresponding to part nbr 24 as per the picture below (?)
I cannot not find how to put it back. Any guidance please or should I go to the dealer if too awkward to do it myself ?
1655384027906.png

i do not know f this will b any help but my old one u have to move the screen part so it will line up the hole to start the bolt.

Probably easier than you think. Based on what you're describing I would remove the 4 screws that hold the two upper cowl pieces on. If you look up from a low angle you'll see them under the front facing edges of the cowl. I can see two of them visible in your last photo.

Once those are off you may (?) need to remove the two side pieces. One bolt is already visible and three others are hidden by the top cowl.

It's just a thing- go for it. The dealer is going to take forever and will probably forget to tighten different screws putting it back together :banghead:

Edit- I think you're describing those same screws (#24 in your diagram - it's the same as what I've highlighted below). If so, it just screws in without having to remove anything else.

"I cannot not find how to put it back." If you mean the screw won't stay in, then the clip it goes into has probably fallen off or just slid out of position. Remove the other screw on that side and remove the cowl. Properly reposition the clip over the hole and now the screw will catch. If lost, remove another clip- go to the hardware store or auto parts and get a replacement. These are like fender clips on your car- they slide over a piece of flat metal on the body with a hole in it. Once side of the clip has a nut embedded in it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.22.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.22.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 11.22.36 AM.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
many thanks for taking the time :).
I'll check again and see if it is as easy as you describe : "...I think you're describing those screws (#24 in your diagram is the same as what I've highlighted below). If so, it just screws in without having to remove anything else."

many thanks for taking the time :).
I'll check again and see if it is as easy as you describe : "...I think you're describing those screws (#24 in your diagram is the same as what I've highlighted below). If so, it just screws in without having to remove anything else."
See my edited post (above) if the screw won't catch (stay in). Note to self to check these screws on my bike.

Finally succeeded to put it back after trying at least a dozen of times (w/o removing anything). What a pain just for a screw ! Would not be obviously if the bike was on a lifting platform.

Last edited:
Back