Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
The weather in Michigan is beautiful this time of year. Sunday was a perfect day to ride to Lake Michigan. I must have rode about 10 miles from home and the clutch cable broke. Did I mention it was beautiful and a Sunday? My biker friends were off riding and having fun. Me, I'm waiting for my wife to bring me a vehicle.
Monday I tried to get a clutch cable. None in lower Michigan. The dealers say a week to ten days. Not good enough. Getting parts in a timely fashion is not possible with the Rocket. I can't understand the poor service with Triumph.

The weather in Michigan is beautiful this time of year. Sunday was a perfect day to ride to Lake Michigan. I must have rode about 10 miles from home and the clutch cable broke. Did I mention it was beautiful and a Sunday? My biker friends were off riding and having fun. Me, I'm waiting for my wife to bring me a vehicle.
Monday I tried to get a clutch cable. None in lower Michigan. The dealers say a week to ten days. Not good enough. Getting parts in a timely fashion is not possible with the Rocket. I can't understand the poor service with Triumph.
It is not just a Truimph thing. Have experienced the same issue with Harley Davidson. Simple everyday parts not carried in stock. usually a two week wait on parts.

AND a spare tire in case you get a flat and a couple gallons of gas AND AND AND ?

Preparing for some likely issues isn't exactly like attempting to prepare for all contingencies. A couple of cables are easy to store and a flat kit isn't much more difficult.

I also prep for a crash by wearing a helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. Not a terribly big investment in terms of effort or funds (helmet was kinda pricey), but I figure if I need em I'll be happy to have them. Figure I'd feel the same about a couple cables.

Preparing for some likely issues isn't exactly like attempting to prepare for all contingencies. A couple of cables are easy to store and a flat kit isn't much more difficult.

I also prep for a crash by wearing a helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. Not a terribly big investment in terms of effort or funds (helmet was kinda pricey), but I figure if I need em I'll be happy to have them. Figure I'd feel the same about a couple cables.
YEP its true you try to plan ahead for any unseen issues . ITS funny I bought a flat kit and carried the thing for years and never needed it but it gave me piece of mind LOL

Last edited:
AND a spare tire in case you get a flat and a couple gallons of gas AND AND AND ?

What a Wise-Ass! :thumbsdown::p
After the recent spat of broken clutch cables reported here, I got a spare to carry on this trip. I feel so secure!

Last edited:
Back