A reasonable price for gloves...

Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
Nothing fit at two places for warm weather gloves. XXXL gloves fit me like a pair of mediums. Prices from $29 US to $99 US. Another thing, like boots, you get used to little or no selection. Nothing like a size 15 boot (I guess that would be like a size 1000 European) to put you in your proper, low place.

Fellow at a bike shop in Salem, Oregon suggested Oregon Glove Co. in the same city. A store that just sells gloves?!

Went there. Nothing fit right, in their bike gloves. In stock deerskin gloves might of worked, but too thin for me. About ready to walk out (again being used to being a third-class citizen). The fellow stopped me: "We can make you a pair".

He leads me back to the room with sheets of leather. Meanwhile, Mr. Negative starts up. I asked what it would cost. Twice, no answer.

Picked out a heavy goatskin in black, with a cool liner. He traces my hands, and I ask again.

"Probably about $27."

What?!

Glove fabricator comes out with a stamp cutter. Suggested a large backing to get over the wide part of my hand.

Written up for $30. No money down, the guy tells me I need to be happy with the result, or they will remake them. Pick them up in a week.

Looking promising.

Those of you of regular size cannot appreciate what a pita it is to find stuff that fits. The rocket fits me like tailor made. Got boots that fit. With gloves that fit too, I will be king of the known universe!

Just FYI -
I had a nice pair made at Sullivan Glove in Bend, OR.

Nothing fit at two places for warm weather gloves. XXXL gloves fit me like a pair of mediums. Prices from $29 US to $99 US. Another thing, like boots, you get used to little or no selection. Nothing like a size 15 boot (I guess that would be like a size 1000 European) to put you in your proper, low place.

Fellow at a bike shop in Salem, Oregon suggested Oregon Glove Co. in the same city. A store that just sells gloves?!

Went there. Nothing fit right, in their bike gloves. In stock deerskin gloves might of worked, but too thin for me. About ready to walk out (again being used to being a third-class citizen). The fellow stopped me: "We can make you a pair".

He leads me back to the room with sheets of leather. Meanwhile, Mr. Negative starts up. I asked what it would cost. Twice, no answer.

Picked out a heavy goatskin in black, with a cool liner. He traces my hands, and I ask again.

"Probably about $27."

What?!

Glove fabricator comes out with a stamp cutter. Suggested a large backing to get over the wide part of my hand.

Written up for $30. No money down, the guy tells me I need to be happy with the result, or they will remake them. Pick them up in a week.

Looking promising.

Those of you of regular size cannot appreciate what a pita it is to find stuff that fits. The rocket fits me like tailor made. Got boots that fit. With gloves that fit too, I will be king of the known universe!
Bottle that mans blood!

I have trouble with gloves also I buy the biggest XXXL and hope they stretch I have several pair tucked away that just would not stretch dam it!! and they ain't cheap I can think of better things to do with a couple hundred bucks than have it siting on a shelf, I do usually find a good home for them

I wonder do they do international orders, I can send a outline of my hand or hands if necessary:)

I have trouble with gloves also I buy the biggest XXXL and hope they stretch I have several pair tucked away that just would not stretch dam it!! and they ain't cheap I can think of better things to do with a couple hundred bucks than have it siting on a shelf, I do usually find a good home for them

I wonder do they do international orders, I can send a outline of my hand or hands if necessary:)

Didn't those xxl and xxxl pairs I gave you fit either? Freebies for both of us but how many pairs of gloves do YOU need?

I bought a pair of Gerbing heated gloves XXXL cost me $150.00 that was ten years ago.. A pair of custom made gloves for $30.00 is unheard of today,at least in my neck of the woods....

Last edited:
Thank goodness I found these. Changed my life.
IMG_20170624_073136.jpg

Didn't those xxl and xxxl pairs I gave you fit either? Freebies for both of us but how many pairs of gloves do YOU need?
they do fit but there is a difference between gloves that are made to fit your hand as a opposed to glove of the shelf that might fit for width but too long or in most cases to short in the fingers

Back