A Postcard from Jamie

Toystoretom

Living Legend
Jamie writes:

French Alps tour, temp barely over freezing point. Truly yours (1949
vintage) with his "old" (1941 vintage) riding companion René on his Gold
Wing. NO other biker showed up for the --magnificent and arguably glorious--
ride. And NO other biker was seen on the road.

150 miles round trip from Geneva. ATTITUDE IN ALTITUDE. Best.Jamie
(We need more pictures Bro... that looks awesome!)

I wanna be cool like Jamie and sit in that cafe, smoke cigs, drink whiskey, and speak a different language. :cool:

Nice pics!!!!!! I am truly envious. Be safe!!!!:D

mutt

I'm still trying to decide whether Jamie has aged since the last time he posted a picture in his green T-shirt. Must be the botox rebellion that has me thinking:D

Last edited:
Jamie,

From a fellow 49er, you look like you are holding up pretty good. You got me beat. My cut off is 40 degrees. Below that, the FBG stays in the garage. BTW, I thought you guys dressed like this all year old when riding. Must be a ***** keeping the feather in the hat.

Last edited:
Am thawed out. Thanks, Wilbur:). With skin cracks around my thumb nails and several reddish spots on my forehead. Little vessels that did not quite endure the frostbite, I suppose. Silly me. The last 20 miles, from the summit down to Chamonix (where the café pic was taken) were a bit challenging. 4 ° C (36°F or so?) at 3:00pm. That road down, steep hairpins included (they turn me off whenever I am riding the Rocket, quite frankly, even in the summer:p), was full of barely melting snow, mud and, worse yet, fine gravel.

Happy riding season to you all. Aye Jamie;)

Back