A perspective on riding, life, and when riding is done

It was right for them, but it feels as if they are prematurely old! I'm older than both of them, and but I never feel old when I've got on my gear and heading out on the road. There was a guy in the east--short, white haired, Bernie, I think his name was--who rode a Vincent. He'd make all the bike shows or swap meets, and always had a crowd around the bike. Had to be near 80, but he beamed like a kid. Haven't seem him in a few years, and he might have passed. But I think he had the same feeling of youthful freedom when he was hooning that Vincent around the roads up here. I plan to ride til 80, then either add a sidecar or get a Ural--but that's assuming I can no longer keep the R3 upright. I can't imagine not riding, and as long as the body and brain are both willing, I'll fire up the engine and go. I assume most R3 riders feel the same way--there is nothing like Rocket time to make one feel young!

I am happy they found their reason for stopping and I hope it works for them. If I do the math right I have been riding longer than they have been alive, as a few others here have also been. I think if you take it up as a hobby when your are in your 30-40s you soon run out of reasons to ride and your bike gets sold for pennies on the dollar with low miles. Those who grew up riding seem to have a different mindset, when I get as bad as they sound I will get a trike!!! ;)

bob

I'm left handed, so it shall be the right nut for me!

leftnut.jpg

Back