donaldinnewark

.020 Over
I spent the weekend in Lexington, Ohio for Triumph vintage days. It was great. I test drove a couple bikes one was the new Spyder. It was interesting but I did not like it. Never really felt secure riding it and I did not trust turning corners. I guess you would have to get use to it , drove it for about 15 miles. I also test drove the Harley V-Rod I did enjoy that ride but everytime I went to shift into second it always hit neutral. It handled the curves real well it was just a fun bike, but it would be uncomfortable for long rides. I drove it about 20 miles. To wrap it all up I am glad I own the R3 and I would never trade it for any of the above. The lines were long to test drive any of the new Triumph bikes never had a chance. There was some talk about the new bike coming out next July can't wait to see it and test ride it.

AMA Vintage Days Pics

Not many, but here are a few of the pics that I took with the cellphone camera . . .

Attachments

• IMG00041.jpg
    IMG00041.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG00042.jpg
    IMG00042.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG00043.jpg
    IMG00043.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 74
On a side note, I belonged to the AMA for many years, even had my competition license years ago. I dropped the membership last year. The AMA has gotten so big that the people there aren't receptive to the needs of individuals, that is, unless they want a donation or some kind of monetary compensation (which they, by the way, are really good at marketing).

Because I have more than one bike, I requested AMA stickers for all of them, more than once, actually three times and with phone calls to the headquarters. Three times they promised them and three times, nothing. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing and that's what they got this renewal time...................nothing.:mad:

They did get a note from me but they didn't even bother to reply. Piss on 'em.

you're bumming me out

I lived in Cleveland for 12 years and one of the high points of every year was motorcycle week at Mid-Ohio. The first weekend is pro racing, the next weekend is VMC with demos, vintage racing and the most humongous swap meet you'll ever see. If you get the chance to go, don't miss it. It was worth a winter on the shores of Lake Erie.

I lived in Cleveland for 12 years and one of the high points of every year was motorcycle week at Mid-Ohio. The first weekend is pro racing, the next weekend is VMC with demos, vintage racing and the most humongous swap meet you'll ever see. If you get the chance to go, don't miss it. It was worth a winter on the shores of Lake Erie.

I'd be pretty darned careful admitting to have lived in the 'mistake on the lake'..........:D

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the Indian word.....Cuyahoga....loosely translated referred to 'river that burns'.

So did Ralph Perks hair.......remember that?

Dennis Kuchinich is from Cleveland. I grew up with that scum cake. We used to beat his arse on a regular basis.

All those beatings didn't help. He's still a dillrod.

Does have a good look'in old lady though.:D

Finally, Ohio is affectionately referred to by most people I know as the 'Brown eye State'. We won't get into that here.:eek:

Last edited:
Back