A little remiss in introducing myself....

Willtill

Nitrous
...I went and posted a question in another forum on this board; but should've stopped here first. So here goes:

I have been a bit undecided for awhile. Going back and forth on the sanity (or insanity) of having actually THREE motorcycles.

Then I remembered something; a remark that I read somewhere recently. It was; "the longer you wait, the older you get".

Hopefully I will not develop "buyer's remorse". I don't think I will.

I was truly apprehensive of this beast; during my initial ride today. She has power; power that can be unbridled very quickly and she will not apologize if you are not careful with her capabilities.

The British have accurately named her the Rocket. Because that is what she feels like when you are grabbing a handful of throttle and watching the left and right views "blurring by" down a straightaway.....

She had only one mile on her odometer when I met her. She now has thirty four. It is raining and the weather sucks right now; I do hope that tomorrow is better, because I need to get to know her more. And she needs to know me.

The throttle is much stiffer to roll on than the one on the VTX. I think this is a "good thing" since if you are not careful, she'll leave you behind on the asphalt; while she heads down the road riderless....

Unreal how she accelerates. She tracks very straight and true. No wobble.

She is not hard to handle at slow speed, the center of balance is very low. She is so deceiving; she carries her weight very well....

She is very stable at low speed too. The clutch is not hard to disengage; actually a little easier than the VTX.

I spent some time detailing her more when I got home. She has some preservative oil, or a type of cosmolene leaching out from under the tank on the left side, and running down the crankcase. Of course, I thought it was "ENGINE OIL" initially but that was not the case after I examined, smelled and tasted it. Yes, tasted it. Why not?

Kindest regards,

-Will

Well....at least part of it is RED! Welcome to the board from Afghanistan.

Dennis

104 dtg Dubai
105 dtg Home

Ah Will she is a classic wait till you get the screen on her then I see some Tors in your future. Even if they are a used set with the cat delete. I can't wait for my predator pipe to come from Sam:D

Last edited:
Ah Will she is a clasic wait till you get the screen on her then I see some Tors in your future. Even if they are a used set with the cat delete. I can't wait for my predator pipe to come from Sam:D

I thought that Predator pipes were not being manufactured anymore. Please tell me more! :)

Kindest regards,

-Will

Last edited:
Don't worry about having three. I have 5. Biggest problem is keeping the Harleys running when I have the Rocket to ride.

...I went and posted a question in another forum on this board; but should've stopped here first. So here goes:

I have been a bit undecided for awhile. Going back and forth on the sanity (or insanity) of having actually THREE motorcycles.

Then I remembered something; a remark that I read somewhere recently. It was; "the longer you wait, the older you get".

Hopefully I will not develop "buyer's remorse". I don't think I will.

I was truly apprehensive of this beast; during my initial ride today. She has power; power that can be unbridled very quickly and she will not apologize if you are not careful with her capabilities.

The British have accurately named her the Rocket. Because that is what she feels like when you are grabbing a handful of throttle and watching the left and right views "blurring by" down a straightaway.....

She had only one mile on her odometer when I met her. She now has thirty four. It is raining and the weather sucks right now; I do hope that tomorrow is better, because I need to get to know her more. And she needs to know me.

The throttle is much stiffer to roll on than the one on the VTX. I think this is a "good thing" since if you are not careful, she'll leave you behind on the asphalt; while she heads down the road riderless....

Unreal how she accelerates. She tracks very straight and true. No wobble.

She is not hard to handle at slow speed, the center of balance is very low. She is so deceiving; she carries her weight very well....

She is very stable at low speed too. The clutch is not hard to disengage; actually a little easier than the VTX.

I spent some time detailing her more when I got home. She has some preservative oil, or a type of cosmolene leaching out from under the tank on the left side, and running down the crankcase. Of course, I thought it was "ENGINE OIL" initially but that was not the case after I examined, smelled and tasted it. Yes, tasted it. Why not?

Kindest regards,

-Will

And welcome from east Tennessee. Yes come to Maggie Valley in late Sept. I think the latest count is 20 rockets that will be there for the launch.

Back