A little birthday gift for me...

SonOfJorEl

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
Unfortunately, due to unexpected house reno reasons, I won't be able to get my R3 this riding season.

Buuuut, in anticipation of it for end of year / early next year, I bought a little gift for myself on my birthday.

What do ya'll think? Cant wait for it to arrive and hang it over the spot I've reserved for the real thing in my garage.

genImage.png

You guys in normal countries are lucky, you can get a custom reg.
The closest we can get is just to reserve a sequential number, and only after it is reached with vehicles registered, and the rest of the reg is fixed.
E.g. here the format is fixed at YY-C-1234, where YY is year, C is County, and 1234 is the sequential number. E.g. 22-W-137 is the 137th car sold in Waterford in 2022.

I too bought a reserved reg BEFORE I got the bike - I had to wait a period of 6 months to go from learner to full licensed, and this was due to be my birthday.too.

10-R-111 was the number i paid €1000 to reserve, for my '10 Roadster. I had to fake an address in the county R and all!
Then on the day of getting my bike, the system upgraded from paper to computer, and computer would not allow me to use a reserved reg for a previous year (i bought the bike used in 2011).

It's a really sad story and it still stings. This "would" have been the reg below. Sorry to hijack your thread!
/rant over

1644671886673.png

Last edited:
You guys in normal countries are lucky, you can get a custom reg.
The closest we can get is just to reserve a sequential number, and only after it is reached with vehicles registered, and the rest of the reg is fixed.
E.g. here the format is fixed at YY-C-1234, where YY is year, C is County, and 1234 is the sequential number. E.g. 22-W-137 is the 137th car sold in Waterford in 2022.

I too bought a reserved reg BEFORE I got the bike - I had to wait a period of 6 months to go from learner to full licensed, and this was due to be my birthday.too.

10-R-111 was the number i paid €1000 to reserve, for my '10 Roadster. I had to fake an address in the county R and all!
Then on the day of getting my bike, the system upgraded from paper to computer, and computer would not allow me to use a reserved reg for a previous year (i bought the bike used in 2011).

It's a really sad story and it still stings. This "would" have been the reg below. Sorry to hijack your thread!
/rant over

1644671886673.png
I cant't quite make that out. Do you have several more photos from several more angles ?

Specialty plates are so cheap here in Idaho. Just $25 extra per year. When I tagged my new 2022 900 Tiger GT the 2 year plate with a special plate number of my choice was a total of $135. BTW: I went with "TIGER3"
So many people like to have special plates so I can't understand why any government would NOT make them available. All the States that I know of who do this actually make a profit on it.

Specialty plates are so cheap here in Idaho. Just $25 extra per year. When I tagged my new 2022 900 Tiger GT the 2 year plate with a special plate number of my choice was a total of $135. BTW: I went with "TIGER3"
So many people like to have special plates so I can't understand why any government would NOT make them available. All the States that I know of who do this actually make a profit on it.
I paid $310 for mine. 5 years ago it was around $220. I figured next year it will be even more expensive so I just jumped on it.

Unfortunately, due to unexpected house reno reasons, I won't be able to get my R3 this riding season.

Buuuut, in anticipation of it for end of year / early next year, I bought a little gift for myself on my birthday.

What do ya'll think? Cant wait for it to arrive and hang it over the spot I've reserved for the real thing in my garage.

genImage.png
Happy Birthday!! :)
-MIG

Back