A large and friendly hello to you all from Germany

DapperDan

.040 Over
Ride
05 Rocket 3 , 03 HD Road King Classic and if im a good boy The Long haired General
This is my second Rocket,,the first one i sold in 2009. I regretted that and got myself another one last November, so im no stranger to Rocket joys and irratations. My current Rocket is a 05 model in silver with the crappy looking silver engine. Last week i was on the autobahn and hit something that i didnt see , twas dark oclock,, there was an almighty bang but the bike carried on riding as normal , 10 minutes later i pulled over just to check the bike over and as i slowed to approx 30 kph the back end started wagging like a lambs tail ,,
ARSE !!! It turns out that the tire had been holed and the object had also gone between the rubber and the rear fender, to large dents and a hole in the metal Double ARSE !!!

All is not lost, its a great oppurtunity to tear it down to clean and polish everything (previous owner must have used it to plough fields). The tank and panels are in the paint shop for a matt black paint job, the rear fender has been chopped and the front fender replaced with a sporty fibre glass thing. Standard airfilter has been canned and i have now fitted a K&N filter under the tank and a K&N crankcase breather. The airbox will now hold my wet weather gear , tools and very useful objects like cigarettes and whiskey. I have ordered a sports screen, tank pads and a few new bolts , Triumph logistics were awful when i used to order things, i doubt things have changed since then. I was going to powder coat the wheels but having visited a local firm that sands blasts the alloy wheel (Murder) before coating them i changed my mind. When more money arrives i shall get the wheels and forks painted matt black. I may also buy a shorty exhaust , i had a chat with the manufacturer the other day, nice chap, does anyone here have this exhaust and what do you think of it , feedback will be valued. Future will also see , key relocation,wavey front discs , heated grips, moto gadget display , and a few odds and sods.

Right thats me , enjoying the thrills and spills of Rocketeering . Ride safe

Thats her with no clothes on ,, FFNNNAARRRRRRRRRRRRR
083.jpg

G'day and welcome. You should have a pretty dapper bike by the time that is all done. Have a think about a keyless ignition rather than relocating it.

Likewise, welcome and ditto on the keyless ignition. I have had mine keyless for 3 plus years now. No problems.

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Florida Sounds like you're gonna have a killer ride there when she's all finished. Hope you enjoy your time spent here with us!

Welcome Dan from Virginia, I miss your beverages over there along with your bread and fine pork. (But not the weight I gain everytime I visit...)

Welcome Dan from Virginia, I miss your beverages over there along with your bread and fine pork. (But not the weight I gain everytime I visit...)

it isnt mine mate,,im a fish and chips brit that lives in Germany,,must admit that their grub and liquids are very good.

This is my second Rocket,,the first one i sold in 2009. I regretted that and got myself another one last November, so im no stranger to Rocket joys and irratations. My current Rocket is a 05 model in silver with the crappy looking silver engine. Last week i was on the autobahn and hit something that i didnt see , twas dark oclock,, there was an almighty bang but the bike carried on riding as normal , 10 minutes later i pulled over just to check the bike over and as i slowed to approx 30 kph the back end started wagging like a lambs tail ,,
ARSE !!! It turns out that the tire had been holed and the object had also gone between the rubber and the rear fender, to large dents and a hole in the metal Double ARSE !!!

All is not lost, its a great oppurtunity to tear it down to clean and polish everything (previous owner must have used it to plough fields). The tank and panels are in the paint shop for a matt black paint job, the rear fender has been chopped and the front fender replaced with a sporty fibre glass thing. Standard airfilter has been canned and i have now fitted a K&N filter under the tank and a K&N crankcase breather. The airbox will now hold my wet weather gear , tools and very useful objects like cigarettes and whiskey. I have ordered a sports screen, tank pads and a few new bolts , Triumph logistics were awful when i used to order things, i doubt things have changed since then. I was going to powder coat the wheels but having visited a local firm that sands blasts the alloy wheel (Murder) before coating them i changed my mind. When more money arrives i shall get the wheels and forks painted matt black. I may also buy a shorty exhaust , i had a chat with the manufacturer the other day, nice chap, does anyone here have this exhaust and what do you think of it , feedback will be valued. Future will also see , key relocation,wavey front discs , heated grips, moto gadget display , and a few odds and sods.

Right thats me , enjoying the thrills and spills of Rocketeering . Ride safe

Thats her with no clothes on ,, FFNNNAARRRRRRRRRRRRR
083.jpg

re your wheel powder coating et al, I had the same idea as you and I found a pleasant solution "plasti-quote " I sprayed the wheels with that product and the result is just right plus if someday you wish to change you can peel the stuff away like a skin it is not a paint yet it stick to the metal like glue no sandblasting just a good cleaning the result is perfect satin finish in black but more color are available . worth considering!
I also miss bratwust mit kartoffeln from bad bruckenhau

Back