A day with Dad..

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
This seems to be rasing some eyebrows on the internet. My first ride was with my dad on the back of his Indian Chief when i was 5... I loved it.:cool:

Attachments

• E41A38501 (2).jpg
    E41A38501 (2).jpg
    289 KB · Views: 24
Big difference between riding on the back and actually having control of the bike i think.....

I like the bit where he looks around, his dad then taps him on the shoulder, and then he looks all the way back at his dad. It's all right though, as they are both wearing DOT approved helmets. o_O

I can tell you one thing for sure, that kid will NEVER EVER forget that great day with his dad, and I'm sure he's a future biker in the making. I remember my dad letting me drive stick in his truck on the local roads back in South Africa back when I was 9. Good times!

my first ride on a bike Was on the back, and the bike was being driven by a friend of the family. We came around the corner of our block and he (I assuming here as its been 45 years and the memory has faded) leaned it over too much and was too slow. The bike went down and I took a minor tumble.
was a hell of a lot of fun for a young 9year old.

I can hear the world slowing down because of that video. I loved it personally. Not enough dads do things to help their kids grow, most drop them off in front of the xBox and do their own thing. My oldest son is now 30 and when he was first in Cub Scouts, I went with him on the den’s first camp out. The scout master had three whole activities for the weekend: collect vines to make reefs, carve jack-o-lanterns and pour plaster in animal tracks. The SM didn’t plan on any camp fires, no ghost stories, no hikes, no fishing, no foraging skills and no work towards any of the kids’ progress towards ranking up. A downright bum this SM was.
Now, I ask you, would the dad in the video teach the scouts to pour plaster into animal tracks a call it a good weekend camp out?

Good god Boog, that's not a scout outing that's a rain day at school.

Where was the archery, swimming, tracking, horse play with your buddies etc.
Heck its not really fun until someone gets in trouble.

When I was in high school I worked for the local parks.
We had backpack trips and day camps with all the required activities. Everybody pushed the limits of fun and learned a lot-about their limitations and the outdoors.
Every kid should go away to camp!

the dad in the vid has bigger nuts than me... i think its excellent that he lets that kid opperate the controls....i started my oungest on his first bike when he was 3...oldest was 10...i still wouldnt ride behing either of them, although my youngest at 11 yrs. could probably out ride me..:eek:

I learned to "drive" the farm tractor at four years of age.

I was so little that I had to stand up on the clutch pedal to depress it.

My Dad was on a trailer behind separating the hay from bales and throwing it out for the cows in the winter.

I initially started out on the trailer, but after getting my foot caught in a hole and being drug behind the trailer by my leg for a while before Dad took notice; Mom decided that I should be "promoted" to driver. No injuries, as kids are remarkably flexible.

Damm; I haven't thought of that in a good 50 years or so!

Great memories, and Dad is still with us.

Last edited:
Back