a busy couple of days

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
I wanted to move the number plate, indicators etc up away from the tyre and while I was at it I fitted the driveing light minus the blue rings ( I removed the blue rings as the local Highway patrol Sergent could garentee that another officer might not try and book me as blue lights are no longer allowed on trucks cos they can confuse the Safety Cam truck safety cameras), so I have mounted some Stainless Steel "L" brackets I made onto the kuryc' highway pegs clamp's and as Mexican said the wireing is more than long enought.
The number plate holder was quite a lot easier as all I had to do was cut a v in the bractet in both sides then just weld them back up so the bracket is now nearly 90 degree instead of the 60 degree it was then because I had already lifted the rack up by 60 mm ( just over 2 inches) I then just monted the bracket under the rack useing the oringinal hardware used to fix it under the guard also wired up the LED brake light in the spoiler on the lid of the trunk.

Attachments

• 004 sm.jpg
    004 sm.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 008sm.jpg
    008sm.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 010sm.jpg
    010sm.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 140
and the rest of the pic's

Attachments

• 001sm.jpg
    001sm.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 005sm.jpg
    005sm.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 123
  • 006sm.jpg
    006sm.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 120
The fat rear of yours looked big before. Now it looks f***in' huge. Nice work mate. I'd better get some brackets made up for my lights.

Nice job Hanso!!!!!!!:)

Thank you for putting us on to them, took them in to the local cop shop which happens to be the local regional Highway Patrol command centre and asked the sarg' what the take on have the blue rings as daytime running lights, while could see the advantage of standing out in the traffic, the laws on what's allowed are a bit obscure and could be interparated as making them illegal as they have just outlawed the use of blue Windscreen wiper/washer lights and blue marker light on trucks. The rings are easily removed and the light unit actually look neater without them wires hanging of the side.

Back