A Brace of Tourings

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
About a month ago my local Eagles had their very popular annual Show and Shine car and bike show. It's not competitive but just a day for classic car buffs and bikers to bring their rides in for a day of fun and camaraderie. We had covered beer garden and excellent food. I was in charge of the motorcycle side of the show and got a bit worried when I arrived early and saw only one bike, which I at first thought was the Touring I traded to my friend Cameron. Upon closer inspection I saw that it was not, but rather an Eagles member who was from Guam. We live in a fairly small town and I'd never seen it before.

In short order Cam arrived and then quite a few other very fine bikes. A few pics.
Brace of Tourings.jpg Brace.jpg
And of course I had brought my old Ford truck to the show. Ford has built a special edition F150 Tribute to 70s vintage Ford trucks for 2020. I get to have an original. I still have to reinstall the roll bar after having the truck painted a second time.
Eagle's Show.jpg
I've been meaning to post a thread about the final transition to ownership of my Touring to Cam so this one will do. Quickie69 is his forum and road name. He's really enjoying the Rocket and busy blowing Harley's off the road. Cam put a lot of work into it after our trade, something I just had no energy to do, installing the accessories that went with the bike. We installed the spotlights and changed out the rear tire. He installed a new radiator, Samco hoses (nightmare), a Ram Air and new auxiliary spotlights on the highway bars. Those are shown in the above pics. Cameron has incredible drive and kept at it until all was done. He also just got Clearview windscreen. We changed out the hardware in his living room and I'm sure glad he had a second screen to look at while we reassembled it. He also found a solo seat since I'd sold mine before our trade.

Cameron is loving his new to him Touring and I get to sit on it in his garage whenever I want. :cool:

Cam's R3.jpg

And me? I'm busy making Cameron's Indian Scout mine and enjoying riding this lighter, more nimble and very quick bike.

Last edited:
Cool story
Nice truck. Lot of work. I'm not sure if pained (painted) is a typo.

Nice write up.

Beautiful Truck.

What are the chances of seeing two Rockets in Blue at the same time.

I was stunned Billy. I thought I saw one a few months ago but it was a quick look as the guy rode through the intersection.

And thanks on the truck. She really is a beauty but I've been saying for a year that I have to sell it. I don't quite get to the part where I actually put it up for sale though. After all of the work, she'll be very difficult to part with.

I was stunned Billy. I thought I saw one a few months ago but it was a quick look as the guy rode through the intersection.

And thanks on the truck. She really is a beauty but I've been saying for a year that I have to sell it. I don't quite get to the part where I actually put it up for sale though. After all of the work, she'll be very difficult to part with.

Mike,
Test drive it and the Condor to the Cloverleaf.
I'll even spring for the pizza!

Mike,
Test drive it and the Condor to the Cloverleaf.
I'll even spring for the pizza!

It runs smooth and strong. I'm pulling the hood next week to install the under hood insulation kit and then putting it up for sale.

Back