crazyman

Supercharged
I was on the Triumph site, renewing my RAT membership. I noticed the current model year R3T has a lot of accessories as standard now. WTF ?

Accessories Included as Standard:
Drilled oval mirrors
Pannier Embellisher kit
Headlamp visor
Quick release sissy bar
Luggage rack
Rear Fender Rail
Auxiliary lamps
Long haul seat
Roadster windscreen
Engine Dresser bars
Pannier dresser rails
Highway pegs
Adjustable pegs mounts
Adjustable riders backrest
Passenger backrest
Total Accessory Value: $2,815

I paid nearly as much for all that stuff, and now apparently, it's 'standard'.

I feel a little cheated. Ah well, such is life.

Seeing this more and more where manufacturers are including common accessories as part of standard package. The marketing folks must be seeing some backlash from customers complaining of intentionally stripped bikes that require substantial additional investments to bring them up to basic functionality.

Perhaps there are changes coming to the Rocket 3 Touring models??A good marketing tool in order to get rid of accesories in the house!!As well as a good tool to keep in pace with declining sales of motorcycles(yes,I know Triumph sales were up over last year..and they wish to keep up the pace!)On the 09 models still on the showroom,3.9% financing or $2500 in accessories are offered.Not quite the $2815 but close.Personally,not all of those accesories are my cup of tea and some would be removed by me...of course we all like a better deal..so I could sell my 08 and buy the 2010..No thank you as I have become attached to my Rocket!!!

It's a GREAT bike but not selling well in North America. This is an attempt to move bikes out of the showroom.

Perhaps there are changes coming to the Rocket 3 Touring models??A good marketing tool in order to get rid of accesories in the house!!As well as a good tool to keep in pace with declining sales of motorcycles(yes,I know Triumph sales were up over last year..and they wish to keep up the pace!)On the 09 models still on the showroom,3.9% financing or $2500 in accessories are offered.Not quite the $2815 but close.Personally,not all of those accesories are my cup of tea and some would be removed by me...of course we all like a better deal..so I could sell my 08 and buy the 2010..No thank you as I have become attached to my Rocket!!!

Maybe its an indication that the full blown touring GT is going to happen. One can only hope...

Tdragger..has a point..mostly when this happens it means there's a new model
on the horizon
And as much as we all love our Rockets they basically haven't changed and even the
Roadster to a non Triumph rider is just a Rocket. Sure they've changed the ridding
position and got more power out of it..but they didn't try hard.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Ray

Either way, I'm still kind of disappointed I spent all that money on items that are now standard. I understand there are bound to be some good reasons for Triumph doing this. At least I have my Rocket. I'm good.:cool:

I feel your pain, right after I bought my '08 they came out with the financing and $2000 in accesories. But I get the same feeling a week after I make a trade in the stock market. LOL
Guess that just life eh? At least we have one to complain about right? LOL:cool:

Don't Feel Cheated

I bought mine on the May promotional. Got about $2800 off and didn't want all the bling stuff. Oh well. Marty:confused:

Back