a big hello r3ers from rain lashed England..

truckernige

Standard Bore
hi all, my name is nige and i live in a city in england called preston.. this is nowhere near london and about 35 miles north of manchester.. i'm writing this first bit because i forgot to introduce myself as usual.. i hven't been involved in any forums before although i have looked at them and followed a few in the past.. anyway, i digress.. i am 49 years young and happily divorced for 16 years.. bliss.. i have owned a succession of bikes over the years although this one is the first one of any substance. my last was a kwack z1000, before that a zx9r, before that a yam xs1.1s, gs850, gs750, gs1000, numerous 600s and smaller stuff to pad it all out. i drive a truck for a living, what you guys would call a 44tonne semi.. we call em artics.. i love it.. i like music, bikes and drinking.. you know, the usual stuff for a single feller...
i like being single too.. life begins at the divorce courts...
I own a 2010 phantom black r3r with tors pipes and tune, triumph teardrop mirrors, phantom black sport flyscreen, heated grips, fogs, maxton suspension and rivco solo backrack. I've owned this beast from new (18 months now) and i have to say i've had a few issues with it..... one stands out above all though, there is engine vibration through the revs which is bad enough to blur everything in the mirrors from 50mph on up. this issue has been ongoing since i had the pipes fitted by my local friendly triumph dealer where i bought the bike from initially. six workshop visits and numerous tuning sessions have smoothed it out some but it is by no means "silky smooth power" as per the official triumph sales blurb.. too many visits to the triumph dealer later and i'm wondering if they are incompetent with the tuning stuff.. I have read these forums in the hope of finding a solution.. it seems i am not alone..triumph have changed the TPS, loaded many many different tunes into the ****ed thing and even told me the K&N filter i had fitted was to blame... it wasn't.. i have just booked it in to Dynojet UK to have a powercommander V and a new K&N filter and a rolling road tune in three weeks time.. I hope this'll sort it out once and for all.. i will of course post the long awaited results here.. Can't wait.. hope it fixes it..
Well, thanks for providing me with a sounding board for my gripe... it's been great...
results here soonest
truckernige.

Hello Nige, welcome to the forum, you will get lots of help on here;)

I'm originally from Bradford, not that far from you. Much better riding over here mate, only miss the great country pubs over there :(

Regards.....Binnsy

Back