Resource icon

Resource Download 9000rpm Rocket III PCV Map Template (Superfine % Throttle) 2018-06-08

No permission to download

R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2472cc Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
R-III-R Turbo submitted a new resource:

upload_2019-2-23_11-14-49.png

9000rpm Rocket III PCV Map Template (Superfine % Throttle) - 9000rpm Rocket III PCV Map Template (Superfine % Throttle)

9000rpm Rocket III PCV Map Template (With Superfine % Throttle)

Can be used with any rev limit up to 9000rpm.

Includes ignition table if you need it.

Free to populate with your own values.

This map only has 29 columns but I can do up to 50, with whatever %TP intervals you want

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
R-III-R Turbo

Bro, how did you refine the throttle percent stepping?! I've been pulling my proverbial hair out for over a year trying to figure this out?! This is what it SHOULD look like upon delivery. Every single person using PC-V on an R3 should switch to this as their base file, period, without exception in my opinion!!

THANK YOU SIR for posting this!!

R-III-R Turbo

Bro, how did you refine the throttle percent stepping?! I've been pulling my proverbial hair out for over a year trying to figure this out?! This is what it SHOULD look like upon delivery. Every single person using PC-V on an R3 should switch to this as their base file, period, without exception in my opinion!!

I'm just that good :roll:

Nah i managed somehow to get "advanced" map editing software from my boy @ Dynojet, so i can do a few things.
Wonder can i post it in resources @Joesmoe ?

Bike definitely runs better with the finer %TP resolution. You're right it should be the default map.
Didn't think of sharing it until i saw your thread wishing for more granularity :thumbsup:

Gentlemen, I was wondering if you all could enlighten me to the functional differences between this and the original carpenter map that was installed?

Gentlemen, I was wondering if you all could enlighten me to the functional differences between this and the original carpenter map that was installed?

Carpenter only supplies maps for Rockets in Tuneboy (at least for ones that go to 8 or 9000rpm) as far as i know, which are ECU maps. They have access to TuneECU versions of those maps now too though since i sent them on.

Power commander maps are effectively trim maps, since the PC3 or PC5/PCV is a piggyback module, they essentially only add or subract fuel or ignition timing from what your ECU does (based on the Triumph/TuneBoy/TuneECU map that's in your ECU)

People stick Carpenter's map in their ECU and then use a Power Commander to tweak the fueling etc delivery to perfection, because it's way easier and faster and every dyno guy knows it (unlike TuneECU and much less TuneBoy)

This particular map goes up to 9000rpm to compliment Carpenter's 9000rpm ECU map. For a while there guys were just using the 7000rpm PCV map with 8 or 9000rpm Carpenter engines.
It also has an ignition table that goes to 9000rpm.

Also this particular map has a lot more %TP columns so you get smoother transitions from cell to cell. It's much finer in terms of granularity

Just a stupid question: Is it possible to convert this file into a TuneEcu version?
Thanks, Georg

Following from above, a PCV map is only really a trim map, it doesn't have the full fuel/ignition value (amongst other things) required unlike the ECU map fuel tables.

If you have a PC3 map (.djm), you can import this into the Windows TuneECU, but not PC5/PCV map.
You can however import a PCV map into the Android TuneECU (since this app was continued to be developed after Alain stopped/froze development on the Windows one) but that is all - it wouldn't be the same thing as creating a whole new map etc i.e. PCV can't run an engine on it's own.

R-III-R Turbo

So , that’s an interesting and exciting comment from someone who’s knowledge I respect enormously. For clarity as a non tech...using my set up as example ( DP shorties / crossover / air box delete / PCVAT) would you say ...or are you saying this map would be great to load into my PCV and AT? ( any downside ie revs)
Thanks as always

So , that’s an interesting and exciting comment from someone who’s knowledge I respect enormously. For clarity as a non tech...using my set up as example ( DP shorties / crossover / air box delete / PCVAT) would you say ...or are you saying this map would be great to load into my PCV and AT? ( any downside ie revs)
Thanks as always
If you can be a bit patient - I want to see how far I can stretch it without blowing the PCV memory. AT plus map/gear - I say this as imho - if you have an option for map/gear (something The Triumph ECU cannot do fully) it should be used. But 9000rpm map plus map/gear in MAP mode was too big.

If you can be a bit patient - I want to see how far I can stretch it without blowing the PCV memory. AT plus map/gear - I say this as imho - if you have an option for map/gear (something The Triumph ECU cannot do fully) it should be used. But 9000rpm map plus map/gear in MAP mode was too big.

Ok thanks...think I get it lol...

Back