8 " taller windscreen on a Standard

Aivmid

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Standard
Hi

I'm thinking about getting a taller windscreen on my 04 standard. Cee Bailer makes one that is 8" taller than the standard which I think would be the right height for me. (I'm 6' 4"). Anybody had any experience with putting such a big screen on? Or Cee Bailey's?
I vaguely remember some thread about people being dissatisfied with some manufacturer's replacement screens but can't remember who's they were.

Thanks

Hi

I'm thinking about getting a taller windscreen on my 04 standard. Cee Bailer makes one that is 8" taller than the standard which I think would be the right height for me. (I'm 6' 4"). Anybody had any experience with putting such a big screen on? Or Cee Bailey's?
I vaguely remember some thread about people being dissatisfied with some manufacturer's replacement screens but can't remember who's they were.

Thanks

I'm running a CEE Bailey 8 over. Have been for about 4 years. I'm 6'1". Great protection. You have to run some kind of lowers though or you'll still get buffeting.

Sorry, what lip? Thanks for the photo, I was worried it might end up looking like a big red vespa with those giant screens they have. Do you have the lower fairings?

Sorry, what lip? Thanks for the photo, I was worried it might end up looking like a big red vespa with those giant screens they have. Do you have the lower fairings?

It's hard to see in the picture but the shield lips up at the top. You used to have to specify if you wanted the lip. I just looked at their site. Either they all come with the lip now (probably) or they don't do that anymore. And yes I'm running lowers. They are modified Triumph lowers. I had some problems with exhaust fumes with the tall shield the full lowers and the Beetle bags. By cutting down the stock lowers a little I got rid of it. I have different exhaust now I might try making a full size set again and see how it goes. If your handy with plexie glass you can make your own. I can send you a template.

Custom Motorcycle Windshields A lot of riders i know have used Clearview and are pretty happy with them. I'm 6'2" and use the summer screen with no problems. I was lucky to to pick it up on one of the R3 forums for $150.00 instead of $500.00 The only reason i have a screen at all, the wind hits me hard in the chest at high speeds and that along with the full face covers me .

It's hard to see in the picture but the shield lips up at the top. You used to have to specify if you wanted the lip. I just looked at their site. Either they all come with the lip now (probably) or they don't do that anymore. And yes I'm running lowers. They are modified Triumph lowers. I had some problems with exhaust fumes with the tall shield the full lowers and the Beetle bags. By cutting down the stock lowers a little I got rid of it. I have different exhaust now I might try making a full size set again and see how it goes. If your handy with plexie glass you can make your own. I can send you a template.

Thanks mate, I'm going to order the screen and see how I go. I'll come back to you about the lowers after I try it out. Cheers

Custom Motorcycle Windshields A lot of riders i know have used Clearview and are pretty happy with them. I'm 6'2" and use the summer screen with no problems. I was lucky to to pick it up on one of the R3 forums for $150.00 instead of $500.00 The only reason i have a screen at all, the wind hits me hard in the chest at high speeds and that along with the full face covers me .

Cheers, I'll check them out too. Doesn't seem like there are any Aussie sources, but ordering via the States doesn't seem to cause any particular delays or extra expense with the exchange rate.

They look a little tall but not to bad. Be sure to order the lip at the top.

I fitted my Cee bailey 8" oversized screen this week and I'm really pleased with it. No lip on the top but the top of it is over my helmet anyway. No worries with Cee bailey or the screen, thanks again for your help.

Back