5,700 miles and I need a new rear tire

CWCobra

.060 Over
I got all the miles out of it that I could! Gonna go dark side next.
Tried to attach a pic, but could not.

tried again:

Welcome to the dark side, where you pay a third of a motorcycle tire and you get 5 timws more miles

Beats the 4,800 I got out of my last Metz. And that was kms - about 2,980 miles. Avon already doing better and might even double it.

Here's the pic...

Attachments

• R3T_tire.jpg
    R3T_tire.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 178
Interesting. I'm putting on a new set of Metz next Friday. Got almost 10k from this set. I was going to go back to Avons as I think they handle better, but the Metz are cheaper and I got 2k more miles from the Metz. And for the first time I can remember after 40+ years on all sorts of bikes, my front tire seems to have worn faster than the rear. For me a car tire isn't an option.

Something must be different about the R3T compounds as just about everybody claims better mileage from Avons on Standard/Classic models, but the opposite seems to be true for the R3T.

I went with a General Altimax HP. Had a similar one on a VTX I used to have, and loved it. Great grip, smooth ride, long life.

I'll report back when I get it installed next week.

CW

I have always had the Metzlers on my Rocket(after replacing factory Bridgestones) and have gotten between 10000-11000 miles on my first two sets..have over 7400 on my 3rd set and will relace next march-april...$600 for the set mounted and piece of mind...Not sure that I am willing to sacrafice money over safety..To each His own.."Money To Burn" RocketBob!!

Back