440 Progressive springs

Sal

.040 Over
About a couple months ago I bought 440 Progressive shocks and because most guys here recommended HD springs with it I did so too, they are set at the softest setting (as they come from the factory) when I ride alone they feel stiff but when riding two up it feels great (I’m about 195 lbs).
I wonder if anybody has the standard spring (part # 03-1315-30) I could buy it or exchange the HD with STD?!!

Peace,

i tried to call progressive but they wont do it for free and i have to send them out and wait and im riding everyday! and at the same time im not sure if the STD going to be perfect or not so i want to try first.
mellowyellow, are they on your bike now? do you know how much shipping cost?

Sal:

I'm lighter than you are by 30 pounds and find the Progressive HD's perfect for me on the light setting. I tried the 440's with regular springs and hated them and sent them back and got the 440 HD's and use them on the lightest setting. I never ride with a passenger either.

Native One

I found my HDs softened up a little after 6-7 months and 15000klms .IMO ,you would be better off sticking with them for the time being and get a few more miles out of them.
If after 12 months or so they are still too hard,sell them and get the LD

I'm about same weight as you Sal, never ride two up
but do want to buy some H/D springs to replace my standard 12" ones
bike squats down on the rear too much under hard accelleration
& no I don't want to accellerate slower.

Sal:

I'm lighter than you are by 30 pounds and find the Progressive HD's perfect for me on the light setting. I tried the 440's with regular springs and hated them and sent them back and got the 440 HD's and use them on the lightest setting. I never ride with a passenger either.

Native One

Yes John,
i did get the HD because everybody said the same as you, i dont know maybe i just asking too much or my spine too sensitive.
i just thought to try it and see, if not i will wait as you guys advice and maybe it will get better

i might add that i made my own spring compressor to take the springs off and on, so Prog Susp only had to send me the new HD ones and I sent the new Std springs back to em.

SAl, are you running a car tyre ?? That helps heaps with a stiff ride problem as the tyre pressure is lower so more comfy.

Back