Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
Each year Jamie and I go on a Bike trip. Usually the vacation is for a week to ten days. This summer is different. The virus is still in our lives. Jamie is a critical care R.N. And cares for the really sick patients. The last year has really sucked in our home. So, this trip was special. We took just four (4) days for the ride. We went up the Lake Michigan coast, on 31. Stops were way more frequent than I’m used to. All the beach towns. South Haven , Grand Haven, Holland. All the way to Traverse City. A lazy fun day. The 2nd day was the Soo Locks. The Third day was on the Lake Superior south side, then back over the Mackinaw Bridge to the Lake Huron side. we stayed the night about 50 miles south of the Bridge. Our last day, I planned for a trip down M66. Great state road. Beautiful Michigan ride. Hills and gentle curves. Small towns every 15 miles.
This trip took us 1,250 miles of Michigan 2 lanes. I didn’t ride 50 miles on the Highways. The 08 TR3T ran perfect. I pulled a small trailer and didn’t know it was back there. The trailer is for the purchases and the rocks Jamie can’t live without. The Trip was for us. The freedom of weather. Sunny warmth. Cloudy chilly days and a little rain. We love the feeling of being outside riding the best motorcycle made. I saw all makes on the road. Same story for 12 years. Harley Davidson riders looking at my Rocket. Telling me how fast H.D. Cycles are. The steady 85 mph. they maintain. Bull**** thru & thru. Then the real question. ALWAYS asked, “ Do Rockets really have that much power?” I smile, and nod my head…

Each year Jamie and I go on a Bike trip. Usually the vacation is for a week to ten days. This summer is different. The virus is still in our lives. Jamie is a critical care R.N. And cares for the really sick patients. The last year has really sucked in our home. So, this trip was special. We took just four (4) days for the ride. We went up the Lake Michigan coast, on 31. Stops were way more frequent than I’m used to. All the beach towns. South Haven , Grand Haven, Holland. All the way to Traverse City. A lazy fun day. The 2nd day was the Soo Locks. The Third day was on the Lake Superior south side, then back over the Mackinaw Bridge to the Lake Huron side. we stayed the night about 50 miles south of the Bridge. Our last day, I planned for a trip down M66. Great state road. Beautiful Michigan ride. Hills and gentle curves. Small towns every 15 miles.
This trip took us 1,250 miles of Michigan 2 lanes. I didn’t ride 50 miles on the Highways. The 08 TR3T ran perfect. I pulled a small trailer and didn’t know it was back there. The trailer is for the purchases and the rocks Jamie can’t live without. The Trip was for us. The freedom of weather. Sunny warmth. Cloudy chilly days and a little rain. We love the feeling of being outside riding the best motorcycle made. I saw all makes on the road. Same story for 12 years. Harley Davidson riders looking at my Rocket. Telling me how fast H.D. Cycles are. The steady 85 mph. they maintain. Bull**** thru & thru. Then the real question. ALWAYS asked, “ Do Rockets really have that much power?” I smile, and nod my head…
Sounds like a great ride………..only seen and been on the lake from the Chicago side way back in the 90’s on a bike buying tour ,just hard to comprehend the area it covers when you’re from somewhere as small as the UK.

Sounds like a great ride………..only seen and been on the lake from the Chicago side way back in the 90’s on a bike buying tour ,just hard to comprehend the area it covers when you’re from somewhere as small as the UK.
I’m partial to the Great Lakes.The sandy beach of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. Lake Huron’s different. Much shallower and usually warmer to swim in. Living here is a pleasure. Lots of activities and a great place to have a family.

Back