albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
just had the 32 000kms servicing done adding the unplanned forks seals change.
at $110 an hour plus parts the total came to $1300.00

and then they tell me the 46 000kms service is the big one with valves clearance check I shudder already what the cost will be!!! when I reach that dreaded number.

I'm with you Albert, just had this service cost me £272 & not finished yet, still to have brake fluid changed, fuel filter & final drive oil changed. Do the dealers over there charge fixed prices for any given service or does Triumph allow them to charge whatever they want to, over here I've had 3 different quotes for this service ranging from £270 - £370, but at least it's no where near your $1300, what will happen on the 40000 mile service will it still have the fork oil changed & is your cost indicative of how much we will have to pay when that time comes. Glad I've got my mate who's a motorcycle technician, rather pay him a few quid/hr than £45/hr to the dealer. - That's another thing Albert, that hourly rate seems high, must be you guys over there can afford it!:eek:

I'm with you Albert, just had this service cost me £272 & not finished yet, still to have brake fluid changed, fuel filter & final drive oil changed. Do the dealers over there charge fixed prices for any given service or does Triumph allow them to charge whatever they want to, over here I've had 3 different quotes for this service ranging from £270 - £370, but at least it's no where near your $1300, what will happen on the 40000 mile service will it still have the fork oil changed & is your cost indicative of how much we will have to pay when that time comes. Glad I've got my mate who's a motorcycle technician, rather pay him a few quid/hr than £45/hr to the dealer. - That's another thing Albert, that hourly rate seems high, must be you guys over there can afford it!:eek:

first thing first my name is Patrick and alberta is the province I live in ,duke is the name of a beechcraft airplane (B_60) a very good looking twin I used to fly in the seventies with the looks of a ferrari .
to come back to topic when I checked for the 32 000 kms service there is only one dealer in calgary the rate is 110 dollars an hour and they spend 6 hours to do the whole servicing the forks seals were not part of the servicing three hours extra same rate adding all the parts oil, filter fluid etc etc and you get stiffed with 1300 dollars bill.

I guess the 46 000kms servicing is the same plus adding valves adjustment which will take a few hours extra, so I believe will be around 1800 to 2000 dollars yes i know we get stiffed for usury rate but we have no choice and there are just a few triumph approved service center here in alberta.
by the way all car garages in alberta are charging around the 100 dollars hourly rate nowadays so bring your car like my wife B200 (small mercedes )for services and you look at several hundreds dollars for any work done beside the thing is so "computerized" I cannot even find the motor much less do any work on it !!!

Sorry about the confusion with name Patrick but now I understand your avatar, to me it still looks pretty expensive motoring over there though & what you have today we get tomorrow, thanks for the glimpse into the future. And a priveledge to talk with the Duke of Alberta, .:)

Sorry about the confusion with name Patrick but now I understand your avatar, to me it still looks pretty expensive motoring over there though & what you have today we get tomorrow, thanks for the glimpse into the future. And a priveledge to talk with the Duke of Alberta, .:)

and if you want more info bout me check the thread called riding in paradise lots of pictures from my 3 months in continental europe last summer!

and welcome tio the future!

I had an 'estimated' cost of £175 to just change the coolant and brake fluid by my local dealer - materials worked out at about £15 so labour was £160. :eek:

When questioned why they couldn't give a fixed price for something they must have done hundreds of times, the answer was that they couldn't give a fixed price because there might be problems like 'air locks' etc - jeese - I despair at times, they weren't impressed when I suggested it must be like printing their own money. :mad:

Needless to say it will be done by myself. ;)

I dealer. Did My valves and all for the 20,000 mile service $360 dollars us they also told me they figured that would be the last time for me because, I had already bought a service manual and was doing all the fluids on my own. do not in any of you all have a toolbox get you a service manual there are a few specialized tools but for the kind of money they are charging you I would be purchasing them but at the dealership the service manager and the mechanic both know me plus the dealership's like to let the bike set for extra month or so you won't think it's high there is only to dealers in Kentucky one in Lexington one in Louisville they think they have a lock on it all no competition.

Back