3 weeks to go!

SPWL

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3GT 2020
Hi All

I have been browsing the forum as a guest and following the threads with interest since I placed my order for the new Rocket 3 GT in Feb. It should have been ready for collection in May but the virus delayed things somewhat! Also I have been in lockdown away from home since the virus hit in March.

My new Rocket is now sitting in the dealers showroom waiting for me, but I can't get home until 8th July and then I have to do 1 or 2 weeks quarantine before I can collect it!

I have noticed that there have been quite a few posts about problems that have occurred with some of your bikes and given that there are approx 3 weeks until I can pick mine up, I would like to give the dealer a short list of things to check before delivery. Any advice on what I should include in my list would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that I live on a small island in the english channel (Guernsey) and the dealer is on a sister island (Jersey) so I can't just nip round to his shop if I have a problem!

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Rocket 3 GT (1).jpg

WELCOME! to the R3 family and I see you're no stranger to Triumph. I loved a 2010 Thunderbird until I had to trade her in to get my -14 R3T.
-MIG

WELCOME! to the R3 family and I see you're no stranger to Triumph. I loved a 2010 Thunderbird until I had to trade her in to get my -14 R3T.
-MIG
My first bike back in 1970 was a Triumph Speed Twin and I now have a restored TR6R, so yes, always been a Triumph guy!:)
I too love my T Bird and Initially I was going to trade her for the new Rocket, but until I know that the new bike is good for touring two up (with some mods of course) I will keep the T Bird for now. Actually I will probably keep her anyway, I bought her with an inheritance I got when my Mum died in 2013 and the smiles I get when I ride her remind me of Mum so much!

Best excuse ever to take a day or two off work...Go on, you know you wanna
I've been retired for a few yeas now so don't need any excuse! ;)
The problem is that for now I would have to do a minimum of a weeks quarantine when coming home!!

I've been retired for a few yeas now so don't need any excuse! ;)
The problem is that for now I would have to do a minimum of a weeks quarantine when coming home!!
Ah..... good old covid scuppers the plan! Good luck for when you can finally get your hands on the new bike!

Thanks for the welcomes guys :thumbsup:

So, there are no issues, even little niggles with the new Rocket that, in hindsight any of you would have asked the dealer to check before delivery?

I must have dreamt that there were. Just as well I didn't follow my first thought and trawl through all the all posts to pick them out!

I have had zero issues with my T Bird since I got it in 2015 so hopefully the Rocket will be as good if not better.

Roll on delivery can't wait!

Steve

Back