3 into 1 exhaust

hogweed

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2004
anyone fitted a 3into 1 exhaust on their rocket ,if so how does it run and sound(compared to a jardine set up) and got any pictures ,cheers :)

yes I have and yes I do.
First let me tell you what I did.
Having ridden harleys for 35+ years, I had a few old parts collecting dust.
I hated the sound and the look of the 3 into 1 back into 3 the factory gave us.
So I pulled them off below the O2 sensor and welded a drag pipe on.
Now it was an open header system and obnoxiously LOUD.
Made a set of screaming eagles sound like our stock pipes.
But by doing that, I lost ALOT of torque, a harley could keep up.
So I ordered a big city thunder QQ baffle and installed it.
Now it doesn't shake the shed when I crank er up, but talks to you real nice when you crack open the throttle a little.
I also got back ALL my torque and a little to boot.
of course I removed the secondaries,
and I'm sure that probably helped in the torque dept.
I think I answered both your questions,
hows it run,
hows it sound.
As far as looks, I like it better, but then again, thats like fenders, sissy bars or anything else, its a matter of taste..
let me post a pic.

Hey Lon,
Did ya notice I got your "box" put to good use??
Backrest mounted this morning,
as a break from another little project I'm trying to complete.

Glad it worked Skip!

Hogweed,

My bike had the Jardines on it when I bought it, I also wanted a three into one system so I used the Jardine header pipe and built it from there back.
My bike was dyno tuned by the previous owner and I have the sheets, 152 hp and 148 ft lbs tq. Of course the dyno and the tuner can effect those numbers greatly.
I didn't notice any difference in the performance after my mods.
At first I used an aluminum SuperTrapp with no discs and a slash cut tip I made. I have since made a muffler from a "Cherry-bomb" glasspack muffler, (cut for a slash cut end). It is a little quieter, But still growls nicely, still can't feel any difference in the performance. I used 2.5 inch tubing and welded it onto the header, (no more leaks at the slip joint), then clamped the muffler on.

I would love to have some Preds, but this will do for now.

Hope this helps, Lonnie

So in answer to your question hogweed,
Yes there's a few of us that have done this mod.
It looks like it runs the gambit from Modified Jars, to Preds, to just homemade.
find something you like and get-er-done.. :wink:

I have the second generation predators, 3 into 1, short can, no end cap or discs;

Sounds bloody awesome, bearable as you bimbble around town (raised eyebrows from the Plod, but no tickets), roars like buggery when wound up.

Sam has a dyno chart comaring them to Jardines somewhere I think, but I tested them back to back against cat delete and ToRs and increased BHP by 27. 8)

Very satisfied.
Way better than with out it.
I can crank it up a notch or two and the bars ain't even so bad.
Still gotta get a new brake line (longer) so I can put a old set of buckhorns back on it.
Backrest was worth every pennie I paid on ebay for it tho..

Back