2nd bike or...

steve59

Nitrous
Ride
2016 KTM 1290 SDR SE. 2012 K1600 GTL Schwinn S-30
I picked up my r3c in like new cond added a few acc's and ride the hell out of it. My question is what do most of you guys have for a 2nd bike and why?

I ride a Roadster because it's my favorite bike, I have a HD Ultra Classic Limited because my wife likes the back seat on long trips, and I have a HD Softail Breakout for when the Rocket is undergoing mods

Depends on your definition of a "second" bike.

My other bike is a 1998 BMW R1200C that I bought in 2002, now with 107k miles on it. It was my every day bike until I bought my 2005 Rocket Classic in September with a little over 36k on it. I enjoyed almost 2500 miles before the December snows.

My definite "third" bike is a 1980 Yamaha XS850 Special that I bought in 1981, sold (with 24k) at the end of 1986, then bought back (with only 34k) in 2007. Hadn't run in over 5 years and still has a few issues. My wife says I need to sell one, but I don't think my efforts will be very successful. :whitstling:

My curry burner, the Enfield. Why? If I have to explain it you wouldn't understand. :D

I had a KLR for awhile. Last year it spit me off into a basketball sized rock and I ended up with a couple of broken ribs. Decided that I'm getting too old for that kind of riding. Only the R3T for me now.

2010 Bonneville SE. That is my everyday and personal bike. Aside from general commuting I use the Bonnie for solo "fun" rides, the Rocket Touring is used for either longer trips or anything 2up with the misses. Unless I'm planning on spending an hour or more on the highway, I don't travel solo on the R3T.

I've got a 2012 z750 which I really havnt ridden for 3 months but start up every once in a while When the time is right I will trade it on a r3 touring .my 08 r3 is here for life as she's a good reliable companion

I had a '96 Honda Shadow VT1100 Ace that had 100400k on it and still looked as new. Kept it up until last year coz it was really comfortable for pillion. Also restored an '83 XJ750 that was ideal for around town.
Sold both because they weren't getting ridden. Both had done less than 2000k's in the past 5 years!

Back