I'm not sure but I would think that a 260 might be too wide for the rim size. If that doesn't derail it then I believe the the 260 mm wide section would not fit between the shaft and the swing arm. Darksiders running 245 mm sections report minor rubbing on the shaft so anything wider would be suspect.

Kens (stripes) 245 had about 1/16 of an inch clearance on the shaft in the valley,
I wouldn't want to go wider.
Heck, I went 225 and feel comfortable, with a 245 I'd be nervious as fast as I ride..
just me.
By the way, welcome to the forum ZAP.

Welcome to the site, I would think the 240 is big enough unless you go to the Darkside.

Dennis

13 dtg Dubai
14 dtg Home

Kens (stripes) 245 had about 1/16 of an inch clearance on the shaft in the valley,
I wouldn't want to go wider.
Heck, I went 225 and feel comfortable, with a 245 I'd be nervious as fast as I ride..
just me.
By the way, welcome to the forum ZAP.

Thanks for the input, appreciate your help.

just wondering if anyone try to install size 260 rear tire on your rocket3???
Welcome to the sight.
The clearance, Clarance, would be just fine with a 18" or 20" rim. You might as well get some of the wheel spinners as well:kk: ; and, you will likely need to replace the rear shocks with some solid bones. With a 260x75-20:eek: you could get some Yanmar tractor tires and retire the jack-ass from the early plowing.

Last edited:

They don't make anything bigger then a 240 on a 16 inch rim, you would have to go up to an 18 to go anywider and unless you modify your swing arm the widest you can go is 250.

Back