These South Asian Motorcycles 250 cc pulling out following numbers

23 hp and 15 lb / ft torque
21.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm
24.5 PS @ 8750 rpm
Kerb weight of 250 cc motorcycle 164 Kg

Rocket 2.5 L which is 10 times bigger engine is pulling out

Max Power EC165 HP (123 kW) @ 6,000rpm
Max Torque EC163 LB-FT @ 4,000rpm

iF we go multiply 10 times, shouldnt rocket give 230hp and 150lb torque?

ok I see we have 163 lb /ft torque but then HP is way too low as we have only 165hp
'
Where is the Rocket 2.5 L bike choked/bottlenecked for power?
I am no expert with engine and all, perhaps someone else can explain it to me.

Thankyou

Last edited:
As I understand it, the Rocket is tuned for torque more than HP.
More HP and torque can be released from the beast if more air and fuel can be pushed in.

Torque is more beneficial on the road than HP with a hefty steed like the Rocket.
Can't really compare by multiplying like that, I don't think, but kinda fun to see all the same.

hi.

These South Asian Motorcycles 250 cc pulling out following numbers

23 hp and 15 lb / ft torque
21.5 Nm @ 6500 rpm
24.5 PS @ 8750 rpm
Kerb weight of 250 cc motorcycle 164 Kg

Rocket 2.5 L which is 10 times bigger engine is pulling out

Max Power EC165 HP (123 kW) @ 6,000rpm
Max Torque EC163 LB-FT @ 4,000rpm

iF we go multiply 10 times, shouldnt rocket give 230hp and 150lb torque?

ok I see we have 163 lb /ft torque but then HP is way too low as we have only 165hp
'
Where is the Rocket 2.5 L bike choked/bottlenecked for power?
I am no expert with engine and all, perhaps someone else can explain it to me.

Thankyou
Change the tuning, get rid of the speed limiter, and Bobs your uncle, the bike will run smoother and you won't worry about HP and TQ, you will be to busy hanging on for you life, and giggling like a little school girl until your face hurts.

I always have been under the impression that a motorcycle engine properly tuned and set up with proper intake and exhaust should release 1 HP for each 10 CC. IE: 100 cc makes 10 HP. So I too was a little ( well really a lot) disappointed when our 2300 cc engines were only putting out 140 HP. My desire was for it to make 230 HP. We all know Triumph used that massive displacement (on a motorcycle) to make massive torque. Well they certainly accomplished the massive torque. When I dynoed my stock 2006 Rocket III it put to the ground 136 Ft Lbs of torque and 120 HP. So we see the greater torque is there. But the tuning and air flow and fuel flow was all restricted because we have those pesky laws governing emissions. Buggers !

Change the tuning, get rid of the speed limiter, and Bobs your uncle, the bike will run smoother and you won't worry about HP and TQ, you will be to busy hanging on for you life, and giggling like a little school girl until your face hurts.
You are in illusion my friend,

STock bike is pulling out 148bhp at rear wheel on Dyno

Tunned Penner map flashed bike is pulling out 162 to 167bhp on rear wheel on Dyno. ( I have flashed already and its been one year, and I have done dyno its 165hp on rear wheel )

Still less in my opinion.

As I understand it, the Rocket is tuned for torque more than HP.
More HP and torque can be released from the beast if more air and fuel can be pushed in.

Torque is more beneficial on the road than HP with a hefty steed like the Rocket.
Can't really compare by multiplying like that, I don't think, but kinda fun to see all the same.
But the ratio of 250 cc bike i mentioned is not too far if we multiply things by 10 times. We dont have 200 torque which is compensating for 148bhp on rear wheel.
Nothing we have on rocket is 10 times as compare to that 250 cc bike,

so whats going on?

You are in illusion my friend,

STock bike is pulling out 148bhp at rear wheel on Dyno

Tunned Penner map flashed bike is pulling out 162 to 167bhp on rear wheel on Dyno. ( I have flashed already and its been one year, and I have done dyno its 165hp on rear wheel )

Still less in my opinion.
sorry, i didn't realize that none of this was good enough for you

Back