2021 Rocket 3 Standard Key Operation

Aregg

.020 Over
Ride
Collecting my Rocket 3 GT next week, also a Honda
Tried searching to see if there was a thread already on the subject and could not locate one.

Starting my 2021 Rocket 3 is a hit and miss situation with the standard key.

I get a click indicating things are going to commence and then nothing. have to do this over and over again.

It does not make any difference if if press the Quick Start or ON/Off.

Sensor location is not difficult to find as there are two fasteners indicating where it is on the left hand side of the bike.

Is there a trick to it or do I simply have a bad sensor?

Not an issue in my 21. Check with the dealer maybe sensor. Saying so, my procedure to start in the launchpad is

T-20
Turn keyfob on
Put it back in left pocket jacket
T-15
Left ignition switch move to on position
Press the top (power) of red button on the handlebar
Wait a few seconds for the panel animations
T-10
Press (click) the bottom of the red button in the handlebar once
Confirm N green for neutral position
T-2
Hold the clutch and
T-1
Press and hold the red button to start

Last edited:
Not an issue in my 21. Check with the dealer maybe sensor. Saying so, my procedure to start in the launchpad is

T-20
Turn keyfob on
T-15
T-10
T-2
Hold the clutch and
T-1
Pica, thank you. The issue is not with the Key fob. It is when I use the standard key. I will run it by the dealer and see.

Oh I missed that.
Then check the very first post of this thread, the second half (it's a long post). Try that. I have that part printed and the spare key in my jacket now.

T-20
Turn keyfob on
T-15
T-10
T-2
Hold the clutch and
T-1
Technology is awesome, I remember how hard it was to start the early Rockets before Triumph made it easy with the current generation. 😀
All kidding aside, I know some day I'm going to have to buy a bike with a fob, but I will put it off as long as I can. The dang fob for our car failed us last night while we are on vacation. It would not unlock the car and we had to use the unlock service. Never had that problem with a plain old key.

Oh I missed that.
Then check the very first post of this thread, the second half (it's a long post). Try that. I have that part printed and the spare key in my jacket now.

Thank you for the lead to the other thread. Having spent a little time following reading that and experimenting this is my conclusion. My 2021 US GT will reliably start in the QUICK START position. The On/Off position is very much a hit and miss affair and mostly miss. I am going to get another Key Fob, that at least works perfectly for now.

Back