#Rocket3Lovers
Ride
2020 R3 GT
There's a couple of good reads.

How fast?! Triumph Rocket 3 R blasts past firm’s internal 0-60mph record

Watch the Triumph Rocket 3 R set a motorbike 0-60 record & trounce a McLaren

2020-02-28_08-48-05.jpg

Last edited:
Well that should kill off one or two unskilled riders.

I laughed at first when I read this, but then realized how true your statement is.

Not a death, but a youngster I know at the local bike assessor store bought a Thruxton in 2015 and totaled it the next day. He recovered, went back to work and told his story many times. Started riding again on a Suzuki GS500 in 2016, totaled it, both were single vehicle crashes and both were situations beyond the riders ability to operate the machines. He did ride the 500 for three weeks before almost killing himself.

After coming back to work with his arm in a sling, he asked me if an R3R would be a safer bike for him being that it is bigger; my first thought was NO bike will be safer for him.

He has not crashed a bike since that I am aware of, but he is buying a new Thruxton this coming week. I honestly think will be his demise.

So back to your statement, I think the new bike will accelerate the Reaper's arrival for many folks. It begs you to ride it hard and with the electronics and awesome brakes, it give you great confidence to flog it in the wild. I know I am prone to do things like that...

Last edited:
I laughed at first when I read this, but then realized how true your statement is.

Not a death, nut a youngster I know at the local bike assessor store bought a Thruxton in 2015 and totaled it the next day. He recovered, went back to work and told his story many times. Started riding again on a Suzuki GS500 in 2016, totaled it, both were single vehicle crashes and both were situations beyond the riders ability to operate the machines. He did ride the 500 for three weeks before almost killing himself.

After coming back to work with his arm in a sling, he asked me if an R3R would be a safer bike for him being that it is bigger; my first thought was NO bike will be safer for him.

He has not crashed a bike since that I am aware of, but he is buying a new Thruxton this coming week. I honestly think will be his demise.

So back to your statement, I think the new bike will accelerate the Reaper's arrival for many folks. It begs you to ride it hard and with the electronics and awesome brakes, it give you great confidence to flog it in the wild. I know I am prone to do things like that...

some people should not own motorcycles

I remember standing in a Barnes and Noble in February 2004 and reading in Motorcyclist that the new Rocket 111 was going to be the fastest street legal vehicle ever 0 to 60. Went right over to the Triumph shop and put down a $500 deposit. Turned out to be BS of course, and the bike a lemon but 16 years later I'm still on one.

Regarding the electronics, after having the rear come around a couple times while enthusiastically exiting a corner the lean sensitive TC does sound like it would safely add to the fun.

Back