2020 Rocket runs 10.5@126 stock!!!

The surprise to me is the 134.7 HP and the 142.5 lb. That is a long way from the claimed 166 hp and 163 lb. This won't keep me from buying one as I know on the twisties it's a different animal than my 2014 although I am greatly surprised by the lower numbers. I liked the higher numbers for bragging rights.

The surprise to me is the 134.7 HP and the 142.5 lb. That is a long way from the claimed 166 hp and 163 lb. This won't keep me from buying one as I know on the twisties it's a different animal than my 2014 although I am greatly surprised by the lower numbers. I liked the higher numbers for bragging rights.

that’s rear wheel power so it should be lower. Each dyno will give different numbers depending on conditions etc. drive shafts should be 15-20 percent power loss to the rear wheel though.

that’s rear wheel power so it should be lower. Each dyno will give different numbers depending on conditions etc. drive shafts should be 15-20 percent power loss to the rear wheel though.
I certainly understand the 'crank and rear wheel difference' although there have seen different dyno's done on the GT and R by various 'motorcycle mags' and they were in the 150+ range for HP and 155+ range for the Torque. This dyno was by far the lowest readings of the other 3 dyno tests that I have seen. Still though I know it's a screamer and will be a blast to ride.

I certainly understand the 'crank and rear wheel difference' although there have seen different dyno's done on the GT and R by various 'motorcycle mags' and they were in the 150+ range for HP and 155+ range for the Torque. This dyno was by far the lowest readings of the other 3 dyno tests that I have seen. Still though I know it's a screamer and will be a blast to ride.
I will be measuring the TFC on a dyno soon. It is what it is though.

Not much of a surprise. The Roadster had a claimed 140 horse but reality was 118-120 horse power stock.

Not much of a surprise. The Roadster had a claimed 140 horse but reality was 118-120 horse power stock.
It was to 'me' based on the other Dyno's posted by this forum and the motorcycle mags. Most all had them at 151 to 152. I realize the 20% loss from crank to rear wheel but it appeared the 2020 may be different and have a 10% to 15% loss. I'm sure the numbers will be all over the grid depending on the dyno and the tuner. I was also surprised the TFC was only 6 HP higher than the GT and R. I would like to see more dyno results from that also.

Back