2020 rocket media blitz

snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
maybe its just that i have a revived interest in r3s. but while searching youtube i found the majority of posts are about the new r3. I mean an inordinate amount of 2020 vs all older years. I watched the leno garage episode which was interesting. then, when i was at the triumph dealership in houston it was being played in rotation in the show room. I dont like artificially set-up media blitzes, so it rubs me the wrong way. Id love to have one, but i cant afford 22000 dollars right now. thats why i bought an 08 touring from them. I guess the final straw was a british guy on you tube who has a bone to pick with triumph over their pushing the union jack and all things british, but making them in thailand. (i have no problem with where they are made). Including moving all the jobs there. Also he pointed out the higher pricing to boot. I bought an 07 bonne in 07 for 6996 and its equivanlent at about 10000. so i started to see his point. he may have some other axe to grind and i still would rather have this than an hd. im not mad at them but i do think theyre getting alittle TOO greedy. just a thought.

i think royal enfield is taking over triumphs spot for supplying simple inexpensive retro bikes like thier 650. (i want one). but they dont have anything in the rocket 3 catagory-yet.

Ask for the cost of a standard Road-Glide Harley Davidson and compare with R3 R or GT, both made in Thailand now.

Back