2020 R3 GT Headlights FLICKERING when hitting bumps

brazeagle

.040 Over
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Hello there,
I noticed my Headlights are FLICKERING when hitting bumps, sadly I cannot see it good enough because I am behind the wheels, but I do notice a fast flickering on/off for MILI SECONDS...
I wonder what could that be. The only thing done to the bike was (Triumph Dealer) activated the module for my TSA (Triumph Shift Assist) which was installed but never mapped.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thank you
Cheers
Luiz C Laba

I had a similar issue with turn signals (flickering too fast, too slow).

It was the battery terminal connections. I need to replace the stock bolt with a longer one to get better contact and seating of the connections to the battery terminals. Once I did that, my problem was solved. I would offer start there.

I had a similar issue with turn signals (flickering too fast, too slow).

It was the battery terminal connections. I need to replace the stock bolt with a longer one to get better contact and seating of the connections to the battery terminals. Once I did that, my problem was solved. I would offer start there.
Perfect, I will look at the connectors in the battery first.
Thanks a lot
Cheers
Luiz

Perfect, I will look at the connectors in the battery first.
Thanks a lot
Cheers
Luiz
If that doesn't work, there is a number of connectors under the windscreen (after you take off plastic bits and all). If you have a pinched wire, loose connector, it may be in there but start with the battery terminals first.

FYI - If you do unhook the battery to set them tight or to change out the bolt, you will get a SERVICE CHECK light on your display. Worry not. All it's telling you is that you need to set the date and time again. All your other settings remain!

Good luck!

If that doesn't work, there is a number of connectors under the windscreen (after you take off plastic bits and all). If you have a pinched wire, loose connector, it may be in there but start with the battery terminals first.

FYI - If you do unhook the battery to set them tight or to change out the bolt, you will get a SERVICE CHECK light on your display. Worry not. All it's telling you is that you need to set the date and time again. All your other settings remain!

Good luck!
Fantastic, thanks a lot.

Will work on it now...
Cheers
Luiz

My POSITIVE battery cable connector was a bit loose, cables could be moved around with finger...
Tide it and will ride a night with lights on and see if that was the issue.

Thanks again for the tips.
Cheers
Luiz
I would like to hear result, because I too have one flickering headlight, and cables are tight

In any case, it is not normal. none of that on my GT
Some of us bought a R3 with some factory issues, but hopefully there are enough similar cases so we can bring up to the dealers and have them realize THERE IS A PROBLEM.
I am happy to hear that you do not have that issue, hope stay that way forever.

Enjoy your ride and stay safe.
Cheers
Luiz

Back