2020 Indians get new Thunder Stroke 116 engine plus new tech

MCN

Living Legend
2020-roadmaster-dark-horse.jpg
Indian have unveiled a host of updates for their 'heavyweight' models including the massive new Thunder Stroke 116 engine. The real star of the show is the new Roadmaster Dark Horse, which effective...

Continue reading...

Would be nice to hear a report on both! Why not try the Indian on a trial ride and cast your judgement perhaps?? Just asking cos we can't try either over here:(:(

Polaris kicked Victory riders to the curb, Indian sales like most motorcycles are sagging so the boot will be lining squarely up on Indian in time. I'm no fan of Polaris and think you're crazy to give them one bit of money. Yes I'm butt hurt being a Victory owner, hope they don't shank Indian owners.

Deleted post. The Indians are nice bikes but way over priced. Checked into them and for a full dressed bike the price was ridiculous. Test rode a 2019 and yes it had a lot of curb appeal but lacked in many aspects. A 116 cubic inch i would image has more power but power is not the only thing when looking at a full dresser.

Last edited:
I bought a pre-loved 2015 Injun Vintage a little over a year ago. I came across it on Craigslist whilst looking for/at Rockets. It's one of the purdiest bikes I had ever seen :) So, I took it for a test drive and decided to buy it. I agree with sonny, nice bikes but over priced. Mine has the 111ci engine and really doesn't perform much better, if any, than my 103 Harley. And from what I've read the new factory 116s ain't gonna be no rocket either LOL. Like Harley, they're good for long distance and or touring but in the end they're big heavy stump pullers. Slugs, that if ya wanna make go fast be prepared to sink big $$ into them.

Butt, if ya wanna be comfy and arrive in style they fit the bill :cool:

100_6822.JPG

I bought a pre-loved 2015 Injun Vintage a little over a year ago. I came across it on Craigslist whilst looking for/at Rockets. :cool:
100_6822.JPG

Lloyd is the premier guy, my Victory has his intake, timing wheel, and cams. CLICK
...if you ever want to get a few more ponies out of yours.

Lloyd is the premier guy, my Victory has his intake, timing wheel, and cams. CLICK
...if you ever want to get a few more ponies out of yours.

Yeah, kind of half ass'd been considering the 558s for a bit more low end grunt, but I might just leave it as is. Don't know if I trust the wimpy piston rods and valve springs/seats. '19s (I think) and '20s have improved/upgraded rods and springs so I might go that route. And or.... might just continue my search for a Rocket... fast from the factory (o:

Yeah, kind of half ass'd been considering the 558s for a bit more low end grunt, but I might just leave it as is. Don't know if I trust the wimpy piston rods and valve springs/seats. '19s (I think) and '20s have improved/upgraded rods and springs so I might go that route. And or.... might just continue my search for a Rocket... fast from the factory (o:

Cams shouldn't give you enough to matter, 20hp/20tq maybe..

Back