Alettoco

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 Triumph Rocket lll
Hi my name is bob

I own a new 2018 Rocket 3

Having a hard time getting in the ECU with TuneECU. is there a lock if so is there a key
PLEASE HELP

Hi bob and welcome to the forum from one of the Brits. There are several threads on the site with complete guides on accessing the ECU. Mine is a 2007 model and I have no problems at all invading the ECU. Unfortunately I do not know if there are any issues with the later models having the ECU locked. Check the other threads for info and I'm sure someone else with greater knowledge than mine will be along shortly. Good Luck!!

Triumph factory began shipping bikes and spares ECUs out locked, with no map loaded, in mid 2013.

Triumph dealers (or cowboys with the triumph software & list of passwords :whitstling:) have to unlock the ECU and load the map.
Once unlocked at this point, they remain unlocked afaik.
Unless that changed recently.

TuneECU has no locks, but Tuneboy does need a "key" per ECU to work (which costs $$$)

Can you describe the point at which you come to a dead end, what does it look like?

E.g. flashing check engine light, little light in the corner of the TuneECU screen flashes red and Amber but won't go green, etc

I do know quite a few captains have had issues with newer TuneECU version 2.5.8 on Windows

No locks on 2018. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The first time I tried to hook it up I must’ve spent an hour back-and-forth trying to get it to connect it did exactly that it turned red than Amber but never green however I did manage to get it connected twice The first time that it connected I was able to download the map but than it disconnected and I could never get it reconnected again couple of days later I tried again and it connected but I could not do any change as soon as I change something it disconnected and that was it

Back