Rocketeer_3

.020 Over
Ride
2017 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
My 2017 pops out of second gear into neutral as stress is lowered from hard acceleration, so, more at the end of second gear. Reported to dealer who seems to think it is something I am doing as they cannot reproduce the issue.

New issue, trans will not shift below second gear. 3rd, 4th, 5th will work but will not shift into neutral or 1st gear, locked out. Had towed to dealer they replaced a shaft and spring. the bike shifts now but the detent when shifting feels very light. any ideas? thanks in advance.

Improper assembly or a sub-standard component delivery, like a warped shift fork installed at the factory (what was suspected in my case by the dealer).

Might be the same worker who puts the right side header flange on the Triumph Storms!!....When i had mine, it became loose and flew off !!..have seen the same thing on a number of Storms...luckily, Fast Eddy makes some nice collars which replace the factory bits of ****e!!
finnedcollar2.jpg

My 2017 pops out of second gear into neutral as stress is lowered from hard acceleration, so, more at the end of second gear. Reported to dealer who seems to think it is something I am doing as they cannot reproduce the issue.

New issue, trans will not shift below second gear. 3rd, 4th, 5th will work but will not shift into neutral or 1st gear, locked out. Had towed to dealer they replaced a shaft and spring. the bike shifts now but the detent when shifting feels very light. any ideas? thanks in advance.
Ok it may just be me thats confused, so let me ask. The bike was jumping out of 2nd gear? Dealer took it apart replace some type of shaft and spring? And now it won't shift down into first gear? Whether this is correct or not I'm not sure? But what shaft did he replace and what spring?

Might be the same worker who puts the right side header flange on the Triumph Storms!!....When i had mine, it became loose and flew off !!..have seen the same thing on a number of Storms...luckily, Fast Eddy makes some nice collars which replace the factory bits of ****e!!
finnedcollar2.jpg
Had exactly the same issue on my storm, fitted the collars as you did. Shabby effort from triumph.

When my 05 finally shats it’s pants, I’ll be looking for a new bike. But not a Rocket III :(
Too many trans issues :thumbsdown:

Ok it may just be me thats confused, so let me ask. The bike was jumping out of 2nd gear? Dealer took it apart replace some type of shaft and spring? And now it won't shift down into first gear? Whether this is correct or not I'm not sure? But what shaft did he replace and what spring?

Sorry for any confusion. When I took bike to dealer for popping out of second gear they could not reproduce the issue and sent me packing with the bike no further action on behalf of dealer. from the day I left the dealer I just modified the way I ride the bike thinking it was me. Now, months later new shifting issue locked out of lower gear. Hope this clears the air.

Back