2016 stock R3 in Wyoming here. Glad to be back on a Rocket!

skaarlaj

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3
Hello all, I'm from the southwestern part of Wyoming, and just Friday bought my 2nd Rocket! She's the shiny black with red striped version 2016 with 1400 miles! I used to own a very sweet 2006 R3 classic, but sold it cheap because of transmission issues, (popping out of 2nd gear....Yay). Anyways, I really thought my Little 2013 Honda CB1100 that I used to replace my 06 R3 would keep me happy, but just wasn't being honest with myself, as I love the power that these Rockets have, and it's tough going back to an average power kind of bike, lol.

I actually almost bought a local low mileage 2009 Gen 2 Vmax, but he wanted just a bit too much money, and of course wasn't interested in my CB for partial trade. If your into fast cruisers, and think the R3's the only way to go, go twist the throttle on an 09 or newer Vmax, and you will come back with longer arms, lol, they're friggin mean without a doubt!

My ultimate goal with this bike is to get the carpenter 240 treatment, and was hoping to find a nice low mileage older one to save me enough money to send the bike off as soon as it starts snowing here, but am liking the one I found, and the (make it fast stuff) will just have to wait a bit, lol.

In case anyone here is wanting a new one, there's a place in New Hamshire selling them for 11,999, and shipping anywhere in the lower 48 for around 600 bucks which to me seems like a killer deal, here's the place.National Powersports Distributors. It seems like new Rockets have been 15,700$ everywhere I've ever seen for the last decade lol. God time to take a plunge imo. I think they offer an extra year on the warranty also, just sayin.

Welcome back. I just kind of jumped on a Rocket buy on a whim. What a good choice we made. I too was planning the Carpenter 240 kit but when I went to the RAA East several guys encouraged me try and shift the build more to the lower end torque production that they felt was more suited to our very curvy roads. Lush parts and a Viking pipe are coming soon for me. It’s hard to use that much high rpm hp around here.

Welcome back. I just kind of jumped on a Rocket buy on a whim. What a good choice we made. I too was planning the Carpenter 240 kit but when I went to the RAA East several guys encouraged me try and shift the build more to the lower end torque production that they felt was more suited to our very curvy roads. Lush parts and a Viking pipe are coming soon for me. It’s hard to use that much high rpm hp around here.
Yeah, now that I've been browsing, it seams like there's a lot more mod options on these bikes compared to when I owned my 06. Definitely not sure exactly what I want to do down the road.

Back