2016 Roadster fork spring change

Allan S

Simple African lad with a Rocket
Ride
2016 Roadster-skunk
I'm about to change out the fork springs in my 2016 roadster and somebody told me that the frork springs in the 2016 roadster are already upgraded to progressive rate springs and that I will be wasting my money by swapping out for something I already have (progressive rate springs?).
I am doing the Excedra Max/Avon 140 thing at the same time and am a bit worried about the stock front suspension not being up to the task and scrubbing the 140 tire into rubber dust in no time due to the increased forces on the tire from the change.
When I was initially researching front springs I was told by Progressive (the company) that they dont make one for the 2016 Roadster which I found odd at the time because they do show other year/model Rocket 3 fork springs as available on their website, just not 2016 roadster but seeing as though all the other manufacturers ( Hagon, Maxton, Wilber) I contacted do make one I forgot about it. Eventually I decided on Maxtons (Thanks Barbagris!) but before I ship off 500 pounds for these cartridges I want to make sure that the guy who told me the stock 2016 roadster was upgraded from previous years is wrong.

Help?

I'm about to change out the fork springs in my 2016 roadster and somebody told me that the frork springs in the 2016 roadster are already upgraded to progressive rate springs and that I will be wasting my money by swapping out for something I already have (progressive rate springs?).
I am doing the Excedra Max/Avon 140 thing at the same time and am a bit worried about the stock front suspension not being up to the task and scrubbing the 140 tire into rubber dust in no time due to the increased forces on the tire from the change.
When I was initially researching front springs I was told by Progressive (the company) that they dont make one for the 2016 Roadster which I found odd at the time because they do show other year/model Rocket 3 fork springs as available on their website, just not 2016 roadster but seeing as though all the other manufacturers ( Hagon, Maxton, Wilber) I contacted do make one I forgot about it. Eventually I decided on Maxtons (Thanks Barbagris!) but before I ship off 500 pounds for these cartridges I want to make sure that the guy who told me the stock 2016 roadster was upgraded from previous years is wrong.

Help?
I’ve got a Roadster and the front is just as crap as the earlier models ......I have Maxton internals now

i fitted hyperpro front springs/heavy oil in the front and a set of progressive 440,s on the rear of my 2015 roadster, also dropped the profile of the front tyre,
to be honest with you, it a little better handling wise but at the end of the day it aint no sporst bike in the handling stakes .

to be honest with you i will not be throwing £1000s on the handling thing,i will get a decent old sports bike with the money to do that.

i fitted hyperpro front springs/heavy oil in the front and a set of progressive 440,s on the rear of my 2015 roadster, also dropped the profile of the front tyre,
to be honest with you, it a little better handling wise but at the end of the day it aint no sporst bike in the handling stakes .

Well no, it's not a sports bike, but for a beast this size it doesn't shame itself on the road, I blitz lots of go fast bikes.

paul,i wont dissagree mate,i love the bike,but what i am saying its not made for going around the twistys over 120mph is it ?

paul,i wont dissagree mate,i love the bike,but what i am saying its not made for going around the twistys over 120mph is it ?

My front fork upgrade cost around 180 dollars for Hagon progressive springs and heavier fork oil. That together with an Avon Cobra 140/75 front tire that had to be changed anyway, made a MASSIVE difference to the handling for very little money.

Back