2016 R3 not restrication in lower gears

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Saw this on a add for a 2016 Roadster

2016 Truimph Rocket 3
One of the last of these classics avaible
These very late models had all engine restrictions removed on the first 3 gears unlike the earlier models which were limited in the first 3 gears

Is this true ?

I'm pretty sure that is a moot point as a good proper dyno-tune will do the same.

Quote>>>>>

Triumph has launched two new updated Rocket III’s for 2013!

Not content with launching a host of new models for 2013 including a new Triumph Daytona 675, 675R, Trophy 1200, and Street Triple, there’s now a more grunty Rocket III Roadster and a new Rocket III Touring.

If you've ever ridden a Rocket III it's unlikely you would get off it and think it was lacking in torque, but just in case anyone ever did think the 2.3 litre engine was lacking a bit of low-down grunt, Triumph has now unleashed full power and torque in the first three gears!

The power and torque of the Rocket III’s 2294cc three-cylinder motor remains the same output at 146bhp and a whopping 163ftlb of torque, but they’ve lifted the electronic restrictions that all previous Rocket III Roadsters used to have, so for 2013 it will accelerate harder than ever in the first three gears!

Mid 2013 was the model change out. It came with the ECU change out and incompatible tune versions between them.

My brand new 2013, had all the restrictions. "HAD" being the key word.

Well I hooked up the tuneECU for the first time on mine. I couldn't tell heads or tails of anything. How do you know if it's restricted or not?

btw, for those looking, the connector is under the seat and under the tool kit. I first took the seat off and didn't see it and then proceeded to disassemble the tank and the side covers and then began to remove the engine before I found it in the first place I looked. Once I get this figured I'm going to do some videos. There is next to nothing on youtube for it.

Back