2015 Roadster map with TORs.

Filthy Phil

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket X
I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right spot or not but I can only find 2 different custom tunes for my bike on the Tune ECU site. I have a 2015 Roadster which is after VIN #574813 & the only mods I've done is TORs.
When the dealer fitted the TORs & loaded the new map, the bike wouldn't idle smoothly & ran a bit rough right through the rev range. It also kept the revs a bit high during gear changes which made them clunky.

I bought myself an OBD cable & loaded the Charles Bozonier nels map MORE FUEL.hex into my bike & it runs a lot smoother now with no clunky gear changes.

It doesn't say on the Charles Bozonier map that it's for TORs but the bike smells like it's running a lot richer. In the future I may also do triple K&N air filters.

Are there any other maps out there that I could try?

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right spot or not but I can only find 2 different custom tunes for my bike on the Tune ECU site. I have a 2015 Roadster which is after VIN #574813 & the only mods I've done is TORs.
When the dealer fitted the TORs & loaded the new map, the bike wouldn't idle smoothly & ran a bit rough right through the rev range. It also kept the revs a bit high during gear changes which made them clunky.

I bought myself an OBD cable & loaded the Charles Bozonier nels map MORE FUEL.hex into my bike & it runs a lot smoother now with no clunky gear changes.

It doesn't say on the Charles Bozonier map that it's for TORs but the bike smells like it's running a lot richer. In the future I may also do triple K&N air filters.

Are there any other maps out there that I could try?
At first it sounded like an idle stepper motor issue but since the RPMs came down in gear shifts with Charles, it's probably OK. I'm surprised that the stock tune for TORs (20776) doesn't work. I would first re-load that tune, reset the adaptations and do a 12-minute tune. The stock tunes may not be optimized for power but they are usually pretty smooth.

Nels is top notch, so I hear. The Charles tune was based on the 20773 tune for production silencers but do you know what exhaust and intake filter(s) were on the bike that was tuned?

I just compared Charles and 20776 (TORS) tunes. The Charles tune doesn't use the L tables at all, so it's not using manifold pressure to determine fuel. It's running off the main (F) fuel tables all the time. The ignition is also advanced in the Charles tune relative to stock, so it's hard to intuitively compare tunes just based on fueling. The stock tune is using the O2 sensor (closed loop) at low throttle while the Charles tune is not. All of the custom tunes disable the O2 sensor. So far so good, I suppose. The Charles tune has the secondaries 100% open while 20776 closes them at high RPM and throttle position (TP).

I calculated the trim between the Charles and 20776 tunes. The table below is the percent by which the Charles tune is richer than 20776. Negative values mean Charles is leaner, which is the case at 0% TP. Some tuners find that reducing the fuel at zero throttle can reduce decel popping. The biggest differences are at high throttle below 2600 rpm and in the upper right corner at high throttle and high RPM where the stock tune restricts power by closing the secondaries. This makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't seem a lot richer. If the Charles tune was done on a bike with TORs only it should represent what the bike actually needs in terms of fuel and ignition. So if it works, use it.

compare.jpg

Thanks for your detailed answer Dougl.
Next week I have 4 days off so might get a chance to play with the Tors tune. I know the dealer thought there was a problem with the stepper motor too when they put the Tors tune in but when they reloaded the original factory tune it was okay. I don't know exactly what they did (they didn't tell me) but they did something to stop the erratic idle & the revs hanging up when I closed the throttle to change gears.

Hi guys,

I just got TORs for my 2015 roadster....do they fit where the stock pipes were or do they eliminate the cat box and I would have to buy a different cross connect pipe for them?
Thanks,
Wajhi

TORs are simply slipons. The Cats are inside the OEM cans, so when you remove them, they are gone. Should be an easy job to swap.

So this weird box stays and TORs slips on it? I thought this was the cat box? What is this box called then if this is not the cat box?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 13
On the first bikes, that was where the Cat stayed. On the roadster, it just redirects the exhaust to both sides.

Wonder if that is some crap that CA required as the cats are inside the big cans on the stock 2010-2018 Roadsters(are you sure about the year of your bike?)
F Phil(that did not come out good) if all you have done is install the TORs then your next step HAS to be the intake system, do a search for air filters and you will see what most of us are using.

Back