2014 R3T Fog lamp / Highway Lamps

Tank

Supercharged
Hi all;
Has anyone else had issues with the fog lamps / highway lamps and indicators coming loose.

I've put about 500km in my new R3T and the are both so loose it looks like they could fall off.

Of course I don't have a small enough tool to tighten it without taking the entire fog lamp off.

Is this a common issue? I think I'll pop by the dealership and have them tighten it in case it falls off then I have someone else to blame.

Thoughts?

Definitely go to the dealer and get that fixed by them so that they can log it and use this as a better training situation for their techs! That should have been inspected when they put it together out of the crate. Mine are good to go.

Definitely an installation problem. I installed my own and they never came loose over thousands of miles. Took them off after I fried the wiring by running higher wattage bulbs, don't make that mistake. Could have replaced the wiring but grew tired of the look.

Popped into GP Bikes (my local Triumph dealer)

They took me in right away, tightened and realigned the lights.

I just hope this isn't going to be an ongoing issue!

Fingers crossed.

One of mine is constantly coming loose, I think I may have it whipped now though, only time will tell.

bob

Mild loctite?

I have a set on order. I was nickel-and-dimed by Triumph and didn't get them with mine. Or engine bars.

Mild loctite?

I have a set on order. I was nickel-and-dimed by Triumph and didn't get them with mine. Or engine bars.

Did You got the weird mid year build from last year? Their website showed engine guards, fog lamps extra chrome yet a lot of their "2013s" weren't coming with the extras. Triumph told my dealer it was a mid year build. So no extras. I tried to get triumph to give me a credit towards the extras and no dice.

They tried that same ****e here in Canada so I just held out.

Mine is older than 2012 and they were all clearly "looted" back then... ie, they clearly built the bike with engine bars and fog lights and other doodads, then just left those off when they built them for sale and sold/sell them expensively when people realize the bike looks like ick without them. They only stopped that in the latter years. Nothing to do but grin and bear it.

Back