2013 Rocket 3 Roadster - pre redesign

alovette01

Standard Bore
Hi guys. I purchased a 2013 Rocket 3 Roadster the first week in January. Since then, they have come out with a revised model that has the blacked out components, racing stripes, and most importantly, the de-limited first three gears. So even though mine is a 2013, it’s not the “new” 2013, and thus still has the limitation on the first three gears. I know I could use TuneECU but hesitant to risk voiding my brand new warranty :/

I’ve gone to my dealer with this gripe, and they have been in contact with Triumph on getting a Factory Map. Below is the current status, and I will keep you posted. In case there is anyone else with the 2013, and this could possibly be relevant to prior models as well.

---
Allen,
Just following up with you. We did get a call back from Triumph, they are 99% sure we should be able to Re-map your bike with a download that will take away those power restrictions. Triumph America is waiting on a definite confirmation from the UK. I should have that within a few hours and ill confirm with you!!
Hope your having a great day!!!

Kristie
---

First let me welcome you

Next the tune software will not void the warr. on the bike I have a 2013 as well and talked to triumph headquarters as well as my dealer they both said it was ok to do now I have heard some dealers say it will void it because they don't want to work on it but I'm sure others will chime in on this as well but I would get tune ecu or power commander 5 (this is what I have from dyno jet) and tune cable then you can do what you want there are some other ways as well dobec gipro someone will but up the others its just what you feel good with using again welcome

Oh, thanks for the info! Yeah, initially my dealer said they could only do Triumph maps, nothing custom like TuneECU. I my go back to them with this info if they do not get a map update from Triumph. I also want to do the GIpro. Lastly, they are installing pipes and a Power Commander V for another gentleman who also bought a 2013, and are going to let me know the Dyno results once they install, sometime over the next two weeks.
One other question I have, I really like the looks of the folks who’ve done the Bearclaw mods and exposed the triple K&Ns! What kind of performance are people seeing from doing this?
Thanks again, for the info, and warm welcome :)

Welcome and congrats on the new ride.

It is unlikely that your dealer will touch TuneECU. They have an obligation to "walk the party line" when it comes to tunes and will most likely only deal with Triumph blessed tunes.

It is easy enough to load your own tunes anyway. TuneECU, imho, negates the need for the gipro unless you really want the gear indicator anyway.

I am wondering if this same map could be loaded into older Roadsters (mine's a 2012)? Wouldn't this almost negate the need for the GIPRo?

Tripple K&Ns

In our experience, your torque numbers will be lower with individual air filters under the bearclaw than with other intake methods; for example, a single "under-the-tank" filter.

Back