For Sale 2012 Rocket III Roadster with Corbin Beetle Bags

BFLYER

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3GT
SOLD

2012 Rocket III Roadster with over $4000 in upgrades/accessories. Just over 8000 miles.

Excellent condition and a bargain at $11,500.00 including:

Corbin Beetle Bags, Triumph engine bars, highway pegs and mounts, tall sissy bar with pad and badge, luggage rack, heated grips, windscreen and mounts, Rivco turn signal mirrors, handlebar risers, Custom Dynamics license plate frame with running lights brake lights and turn signals, PLUS I had the seat lowered narrowed and defined with memory foam for a more comfortable ride and handling.

This Roadster is set up and ready for touring!

If I don't get a serious buyer by October 7th I will be taking it on a trip, riding from Charlotte NC up to Central PA If you live in PA (or along my route) and are interested I will deliver it and find another way home!

Last edited:
Why are you selling @BFLYER ?

Long or short version?

I keep buying bikes. Fall in love with one, begin a relationship with her, but always looking at the next one, or potential next one, and her friend!

Lusted after the Vmax since the new generation was released in 2009. Have bought and sold a couple of bikes since then. Bought the Rocket and loved it for a while. Still do. This year I finally bought a 2013 Vmax - I really, really love the Vmax. Plus I have a Raider as well. I find I ride the Vmax or Raider more than the Rocket, so...Why not pas it along to someone new, right?

Last edited:
Why are you selling @BFLYER ?

I have had a few inquiries regarding Will I sell the Corbin Beetle Bags off the bike. So my answer to that question as well as the longer version as to why I am considering selling:

If nobody steps up to the plate to purchase the bike as is - I will keep the bike in which case I will want the bags. Its not that I don't like the bike - it's awesome. I am very disappointed with my local Triumph dealer. Their customer service and follow through is the worst I have ever experienced from any bike or automotive dealer.

I have owned a couple of Victory's and their customer service was better, to say the least.

I would say I am mostly a Yamaha guy in that I currently own two, plus I put about 16,000 miles on another one that I have since sold. They have all been problem free bikes. More importantly the dealership where I purchased all three of those bikes and where I have all my service completed, other than the Triumph, is great. Sales, customer service, and service department are all top notch. Mathews Fun Machines.

That makes the poor customer service even more painful from Motorcycles of Charlotte. I could describe all my woes from there but it would be a novel in length. The next closest Triumph dealerships are over 100 miles away.

I have had a few issues with the Triumph since I purchased it that would probably not be as frustrating if it were not for this piss-poor local dealership. In fact they currently have the Rocket that I dropped off yet again last Wednesday and when I called this Thursday they still had not begun working on it. The last time they had it for 6 weeks, misdiagnosed the problem, fixed it, created a new problem, denied it, argued about it, and now are fixing it, only because Triumph decided to provide courtesy out-of-warranty coverage.

Anyway...its more the dealership I don't want to deal with than not wanting the bike!

The problem was an oil leak. In the end Triumph replaced the entire head and all the gaskets. I have commuted to work and taken it on a couple of weekend rides and no more oil leak. So you have a completely resolved problem on a bike with 8000 miles on the engine yet with a new head and all new gaskets.

The bike is once again for sale. I prefer to sell it as is with all accessories for $11,500.00.

Last edited:
Back