2012 Roadster Front Brakes

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
Last minute check before riding out for Montrose and I discover front brake pads are like a sixteenth inch!
I found me some OEMs at the local dealer. QUESTION: I was told the front brake pads are different for different vin numbers of the 2012 Roadster models. WHT? Is this for real and why are not ALL Rocket models the same?

Be surprised if there are different pads other than maybe ABS non ABS models .. pretty sure they have the same callipers throughout ..as far as I know anyway mate.

just had a look at EBC catalogue and they list the same pads for STD, Classic's and Touring no listing for Roadster...... go figure

Metalgear list same pads for all Roadsters and ALL models including STD and Classic's

Got a problem .. just ask an Aussie ..." shut up , we got this ***cin sorted " PS saw that bumper sticker on the back of a decked out 4x4 ..been waiting for the opportunity to use it ..hahahahhaha

Since someone might see this when searching:

EBC HH Sintered pads last significantly longer than OEM and provide more initial bite. Usually they can be found for $35.00 a pack, 2 packs are needed. The bite ramps up the hotter the pad gets, so if you are doing hard brake from high speeds down, be aware as they heat they develop more friction so you end up backing off the lever rather than increasing pressure. Fully recommend the switch to HH Sintered pads as a rule. They also perform noticeably better in the wet than OEM triumph pads do.

You can also order the front pads for 2002-2006 Daytona 955i, same brakes.

Back