royalrocket

Standard Bore
My dealer says that Triumph are relaunching the R3T for the new year. He says the only difference will be A.B.S or mine could be up graded for £1000 - don't see the need. Have you heard or seen anything from Triumph about this? The reason I ask is because the dealers here are currently offering really cheap deals on new R3T's as they will soon be the old model - I'm considdering a deal with mine but will wait if the new model is going to be alot different.

Haven't heard any rumours, but if it comes with a fuller fairing.. maybe a stereo and such.. I might be in the market too.. lol I guess getting older is taking the hot rod out of me and wanting some comfort.. :)

I have a 2011 Rocket III and there is no ABS on it. They did add a bunch of stuff compared to the 09 I had. I believe it was one of the first in North America. Have 2000 miles already on it in under a month...

As for a fairing I am working with a company to make one with Stereo that will mount and look factory! I will update everyone once I get the fairing to mount to the bike.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the R3T may come with ABS...or not....it is optional and some models were probably shipped with it already installed but if not it can be retrofitted.

Dennis

201 dtg Dubai
202 dtg Home

Hey Molinoman when I was ordering my 2010 R3T ABS was an option. I didn't want it so I don't know if it would have delayed delivery or not. Bad enough still having 1 week left to wait now. Hey Bandit let me know how it goes with the that fairing fit. Also has anyone added a hard trunk to their R3T. If so could you tell me what kind and where to take a look at it. With all the extra goodies I added the fairing and trunk will really round out the baby nicely.

I have a 2011 Rocket III and there is no ABS on it. They did add a bunch of stuff compared to the 09 I had. I believe it was one of the first in North America. Have 2000 miles already on it in under a month...

As for a fairing I am working with a company to make one with Stereo that will mount and look factory! I will update everyone once I get the fairing to mount to the bike.
If your fairing is for the R3T, make sure to include a tachometer - I might buy it just for that...................

I am intrested in a faring too, although i run the large screen and it's good a bit of hand protection would be nice in the winter! Keeps us posted on the progress please, JT.

I wouldn't mind a retro fit for ABS. Rains a lot here in SC. I had it on my FJR and it was great in the rain. Stopped way short of anything else. As big as the R3T is, some help with the stopping would be great.

2011 r3t

I got a "2011" R3T 3 weeks ago. It was manufactured in February 2010. So I guess there is no ABS available at that time. :(

I asked my dealer about a retro fit ABS, and he said that there wasn't one available (5 months ago). So if anyone does hear about it, and it is beyond rumor.... Please let us know. I am definitely interested, and have tried multiple things to try and get better braking without locking up... Nothing that really works so far. There is something out there, and I tried it ~ But DO NOT recommend it.

Back